1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
3,143 Posts
BREAKING MY HEART! She is so scared.

·
Registered
399 Posts
Oh my! She looks really thin too- almost lollipop-ish.

I sure hope there is help for her. She looks like she'd show her undying appreciation to her savior for the rest of her life!

·
Registered
3,467 Posts
Poor baby! I teared up looking at her...she looks terrified.

·
Registered
3,116 Posts
bump!! sure hope she finds a home!!

·
Registered
399 Posts
Is anyone interested in her? I may know someone who lives in that area who could temperament test her...

·
Registered
519 Posts
i emailed shelter for info...age/hw status/temp...w/ other dogs They are a city animal shelter..ugh
rescues need the following:
A. Copy of 501c- Non-Profit status
B. Contact information for Local Chapter President
C. Information about the rescue
D. Adoption forms
E. List of people that will be able to sign the animals out on behalf of the organization.
F. Cruelty statement affidavit for all the people that will be signing animals out of the shelter.
(following page is the copy of the “cruelty statement”, please make copies for your members and basically a signed statement you have never been convicted of animal cruelty
walton

·
Registered
519 Posts
Here is info from Shelter...in my humble opinion, it often cuts down on alot of cross talk if someone will email or call shelter about a dog...
She is safe. Here is contact person also:
Heidi is a very submissive but friendly dog. We’re treating her for a skin infection that appears to be flea dermatitis. Two skin scrapes were negative for mites, so she’s being treated with medicated baths, antibiotic and Benadryl to help with the itching. She was surrendered by her owner, but by the sight of her when she came in you’d swear she was a stray. She hasn’t shown any signs of dog-dog aggression. We’ve had no problems with her at all, other than her skin.
She is HW negative and in no danger of being euthanized. The most of our euthanasia decisions are based on negative behavioral issues and/or failed temperament assessments. Heidi’s submission works in her favor as she’s a bigger dog.

If we need to move a dog in a hurry for space, we try to reach out to breed rescues (which we’ve already done in Heidi’s case). I’m hopeful that Heidi’s personality will overshadow her skin issues, which should be temporary, and she gets adopted shortly.

Thanks for your interest!
Thanks for the inquiry and we hope to see you soon!
Jake Roos
Kennel Supervisor
Norfolk Animal Care Center
5585 Sabre Road
Norfolk, VA 23502

757-441-5505 w.
757-274-3038 c.
757-441-5538 f.
[email protected]

·
Registered
3,475 Posts
Sounds like a nice shelter, willing to go above and beyond for the dogs. Heidi definitely looks like her confidence level has hit bottom, but getting rid of the itchies and some TLC should have her feeling better. Bump for the worried sweetie....:hug:

Anja SchH3 GSD
Conor GSD
Blue BH WH T1 GSD - waiting at the Bridge :angel:

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I had e-mailed them as well, Mr. Roos was kind enough to reply with pretty much the same info as Walton, but it's been too busy at work for me to get online.
She sure seems like a sweet pup...

·
Registered
1,583 Posts
A friend of mine calle the shelter this morning. Heidi is sceduled to be spayed Thursday morning, and will be picked up by her adopters Thursday afternoon. Hope this sweet girl has a wonderful Christmas with her new family. I will have my friend follow up to ensure she gets picked up!!

·
Registered
1,389 Posts
Glad someone took her, or I was gonna go to a local rescue and try to foster her somehow! That facility is , or shall I say WAS, own and ran by PETA, and so they have always adhered to those rules. As a teen, I spent a LOT of time there helping out, and I remember the only two dogs in a year I saw them put to sleep were... a 160# Rottie with severe Male Aggression ( we tried, as Iw ould sit in his kennel with him.. Jazz... I loved that dog), and of course, any they were court ordered to do so on.... They even at one time had a 15 year old pug that was completely blind, fat, barely could move, and still did all they could to keep him comfortable until he passed on his own!

1 - 15 of 15 Posts