German Shepherds Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi my name is stephen, my children and i are looking to get a new puppy here in the near future. since the loss of our beloved pluto 3 months ago we have had an empty hole in our home. we are intersted in an all black full blood gsd to adopt in the southern indiana area. thank you and have a wounderful day.

here is two pics of our baby

Attachments

·
Registered
27,294 Posts
Welcome to you Stephen and family! My sympathy in the loss of your Pluto.

Don't limit yourself to your particular area...if you decide to go w/a rescue pup or dog, transport can be arranged(if you "check out" ok w/ the screening process). There are so many in the urgent/non-urgent threads that need a wonderful forever home!
If you go with a breeder, there are many wonderful ones, but maybe not in S. Indiana.
Do you have any plans for training, sportwork etc or will this be a family companion only?
Black GSD's are most often from working lines and a bit higher drive, so need an outlet for their mental and physical well-being.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
we really like the looks of the black, such a beautiful dog they are. we alos like the white ones as well, as for training we really want one that is well trained. i would love to be able to go for a walk and not have to have a leash, of course most all town ord. say you must leash them. yes he will be the fam pet, my kids are 4 and 6 and our new home has 3 arce + my parents 10 acers for her to roam on. yes i said her, pluto was a boy and the first male i have ever had. i prefer a female.

·
Registered
9,602 Posts
Sounds like you have a doggie paradise! So sorry you lost your Pluto, but hopefully you'll be able to share your love for him with another. Good luck in your search and keep us posted

·
Registered
3,116 Posts
Welcome to the forum and good luck with your searching. We added a black german shepherd to our family in September. It took a while to find her. I searched several sites and ads until I came upon her and when I saw her I knew she was the one for us. She completed our family. I hope yours will as well. Good luck!!!

·
Registered
19,157 Posts
welcome to the forum. sorry for your loss of Pluto. I'm sure you'll find what you're looking for!

·
Registered
14,344 Posts
Hello Stephen! Welcome to the forum and I am sorry for your loss of Pluto.:(

Before I got my black GSD Sinister, I didn't really care for GSD's, I liked their personalities and the fact that they are extremely smart and easy to train but I just dont really like black/tan or black/red GSD's. Once I learned that they come in many other colors and coats I knew I had to have a black GSD, they are absolutely gorgeous! Now that I have had a black GSD I will always have one in my life. I also really like dark sables, bicolors and red sables in longer haired stock coats. I also like long coated black/reds, dark sables, blacks and red sables. I love GSD's! :wub:

·
Registered
987 Posts
Hope you find your dog soon, so many options it all depends on what you want, I'm in southern In too, but went to Tenn. to get my gsd.

·
Registered
213 Posts
Hello neighbor! I thought I was the only one from southern Indiana on here.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts