German Shepherds Forum banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,
Just became the proud owner of beautiful 6 week old German Shepherd. Always online..had a good feeling there was a forum for German Shepherd owners :) Here's my baby Drago (today is his first full day home...he has slept most of the day...lol):

·
Registered
19,157 Posts
he's so adorable!!!! Where in NC? we're currently in Jacksonville. Congrats on your new "kid" lol and welcome to the forum!!!!

thats my newest brat dog! we look forward to seeing tons more pictures of your guy!!

·
Registered
438 Posts
Congrats, also in NC...hour south of Raleigh.

·
Registered
27,294 Posts
Welcome to you! Your pup is absolutely adorable!

I think the first forum you should visit should be the sticky http://www.germanshepherds.com/forum/puppy-behavior/85888-teaching-bite-inhibition.html as your pup didn't get much of that from his mom or littermates leaving them at 6 weeks.
This is another link that hopefully will be helpful:
Dr-Dodds-ChangingVaccProtocol
taken from this link:
HEMOPET.HTM
vaccinations are really risky for a 6 week old. Wait until your pup is 8 or 9 weeks and be sure to keep him safely away from dogs you don't know(along with pet stores/areas strange dogs go) Don't let the vet over vaccinate, please!! Look at the links for updated info on vaccines.

·
Registered
19,157 Posts
Thanks! In Wilmington...near Monkey Junction. How old is your pup?
Shasta just hit the 5 month mark. Wilmington huh? So you got to experience all that lovely flooding from the rain today huh? I'm not sure where exactly Monkey Junction is. I'm a Colorado Native. We're up here in JVille for military. We used to go down the Wilmington a couple times a month for various things.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Welcome to you! Your pup is absolutely adorable!

I think the first forum you should visit should be the sticky http://www.germanshepherds.com/forum/puppy-behavior/85888-teaching-bite-inhibition.html as your pup didn't get much of that from his mom or littermates leaving them at 6 weeks.
This is another link that hopefully will be helpful:
Dr-Dodds-ChangingVaccProtocol
taken from this link:
HEMOPET.HTM
vaccinations are really risky for a 6 week old. Wait until your pup is 8 or 9 weeks and be sure to keep him safely away from dogs you don't know(and pet stores, areas strange dogs go) Don't let the vet over vaccinate, please!!
Thank you for the links. I will check them out now :)

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Shasta just hit the 5 month mark. Wilmington huh? So you got to experience all that lovely flooding from the rain today huh? I'm not sure where exactly Monkey Junction is. I'm a Colorado Native. We're up here in JVille for military. We used to go down the Wilmington a couple times a month for various things.
Yeah...we needed the rain..but not like this. We just bought a house built in 1965..needless to say we found a leak around the skylight today...nothing like having a bucket in the kitchen to catch water in a house you just bought,...lol

·
Registered
9,602 Posts
He is so cute! But so young to be leaving home. Definitely read those links. Why did they let him go so soon? Love his name!

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
He is so cute! But so young to be leaving home. Definitely read those links. Why did they let him go so soon? Love his name!
I will...I promise. Not sure why they let them go so early but he was second to the last to go. I will read those links and I am open to any other tips you guys may have. I lost my best friend about a year ago (a Doberman) and this has been my first pup since the loss.

·
Registered
19,157 Posts
Yeah...we needed the rain..but not like this. We just bought a house built in 1965..needless to say we found a leak around the skylight today...nothing like having a bucket in the kitchen to catch water in a house you just bought,...lol

oh yeah been there. We rented a house that whenever it rained, when we first moved out here, the windows leaked. least you know about it and can get it fixed! hehe think of it like the weather and the house are only trying to make mopping easier on your water bill! okay that was bad but gotta make light of it ya know?! cant have a GSD pup and not be able to look at the lighter side of life! Cant wait to hear more about your little guy!!! I love the sleeping puppy pictures. They're so cute!!!

·
Registered
19,157 Posts
I will...I promise. Not sure why they let them go so early but he was second to the last to go. I will read those links and I am open to any other tips you guys may have. I lost my best friend about a year ago (a Doberman) and this has been my first pup since the loss.

sorry about your dobie! beautiful dogs. Would adore having a black and rust male. You're very much going to enjoy a GSD pup.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
oh yeah been there. We rented a house that whenever it rained, when we first moved out here, the windows leaked. least you know about it and can get it fixed! hehe think of it like the weather and the house are only trying to make mopping easier on your water bill! okay that was bad but gotta make light of it ya know?! cant have a GSD pup and not be able to look at the lighter side of life! Cant wait to hear more about your little guy!!! I love the sleeping puppy pictures. They're so cute!!!
I climbed on the roof in the rain and laid out a tarp...hopefully that will hold it off until it stops raining..lol Definitely more pics and updates coming about the new pup..looking forward to everyones posts and needed knowledge on here.

·
Registered
19,157 Posts
I climbed on the roof in the rain and laid out a tarp...hopefully that will hold it off until it stops raining..lol Definitely more pics and updates coming about the new pup..looking forward to everyones posts and needed knowledge on here.

well you will DEFINITELY find a great many knowledgable people on this site. we all love little pups and watching them grow. and everyone is very informative and helpful and supportive when most others wouldnt be. some can be harsh but thats life too.

·
Registered
19,157 Posts
she was a red and tan female...my buddy :(

i'll bet she was gorgeous. She's probably and most likely the one who sent you your new pup!

·
Registered
214 Posts
Hi and welcome to you and Drago! Such a cutie!

1 - 20 of 34 Posts