German Shepherds Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
656 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So who has the GSD that just absolutely hates to be snuggled or doesn't stay still for petting? So many quirks about Lex that I love him.

He has to be DEAD tired for me to lay next to him and snuggle. Any other time when hes laying down and I try he'll turn just his head backwards and give me that "look" like why are you touching me? If I keep it up he gives a grumble. If I still keep doing it he gets up and moves away.

Anytime I want to lay down he will grab a toy and bring it to me. Chewing it against any part of my body(hate when he misses the toy and gets skin). If I nudge him away because I don't want to play he'll just give frustrated barks and bite anything thats infront of his face. Its hilarious when he bites the bed or the floor because hes frustrated that I won't play with him at 5am.

By all means I don't really care that I don't have a snuggly GSD but it's just so funny how much personalities dogs have.

·
Registered
11,280 Posts
Brady would rather play then snuggle.
Whenever I lie on the couch he runs over to toy bin and get something it cracks me up.

Brady will snuggle when he wants to and only when he wants to
I think he hates to be hot. when we have A/C on he lays in front of and and that is the only time you can lay next to him and put your arm around him.

usually he'll lie on the floor in front of his fan next to my side of the bed. Yes they do have their own personalities and it is hysterical

·
Administrator & Alpha Bitch of the Wild Bunch
13,571 Posts
Kali, Wulf and Nara like to snuggle most of the time. Della is absolutely obsessed with snuggling and being a lap dog, to the point where she can get pretty annoying about it. Kaiser has his snuggly moments, depends on his mood. Sometimes he's super snuggly, other times not. Raven is the only one who really isn't a snuggler. On rare occasions she'll do it, but not very often, and usually those are at bed time.

·
Registered
9,348 Posts
How's this for weird? Grimm nurses like a newborn puppy on my wrist, and has done this since he was 9 weeks old, and I put my hand in his crate and slept on the floor like that the first few nights. He does this now when he's sleepy and snuggly.

·
Registered
1,250 Posts
Gunner would rather play if given the option, but he loves to be petted or brushed - he'll be still for that - and will give quick, almost shy little kisses if he's in the mood. But he gets real fussy if I try to hug or cuddle him. He pulls away and gives me this "Oh, stop it!" look. Then he'll run and get a toy, as if to say "Great. If you love me so much, throw the ball." LOL. He definitely doesn't like me fussing over him.

Now the last one I had, my Alomar, was a total cuddlebug. He was a very big lapdog!

·
Registered
2,260 Posts
My 7 week pup doesn't like to snuggle much she is too busy for it, unless she is tired, then she will come to me and beg to be held or comforted, however, my 3 yr old GSD loves to be hugged and snuggled and petted, but not until he was older and mellowed out a bit.

·
Registered
197 Posts
Yukon enjoys be petted and scratched but he has never liked snuggling, for him it is a waste of time.

When I try to snuggle, he will tolerate it but gives me this look as if to say "Yeah, yeah, yeah. I love you too, now let me go so I can play."

·
Registered
340 Posts
19 month old Heidi is not a cuddler for the most part.

She does have her moments, tho when I can sneak in a squeeze and cuddle...but she doesn't tolerate it for long. Its like she says...ok, thats enough...you got yours...now I get mine, throw the ball.

Of course, best snuggle times that I can steal is when she is just waking up.

Now, she will take a good belly rub anytime! I'll ask her if she wants a belly rub, and she walks over to me puts her two front legs on whatever, and allows me to rub. Of course, she has this look on her face, like...yes, you may rub me now.

·
Registered
801 Posts
Wolfie likes to snuggle right after I get home from work. I sit cross-legged on the floor, he climbs onto my lap, complaining all the way about his lot in life. Soon though, he will resort to chomping on my hands while still sitting on me.

·
Registered
1,185 Posts
Shilo is 5 and half and rarely likes to snuggle. She would rather play that be petted or snuggled. But when she wants to be snuggled watch out because she is going to try and put all 95lbs of her in your lap.

·
Registered
12,829 Posts
Otto is very snuggly but he's 3 months old so who knows if it'll last. He's especially cuddly if he's tired, he'll curl up on my lap.

Morgan is so NOT cuddly, never has been. She likes a quick pet here or there. She likes a long hug in the morning and when she's goofy, she folds herself into my lap for a moment.

·
Banned
15,195 Posts
my boy was never a snuggle bear and that's what my GF wanted. once when he was 4 months or so i put him bed with us and turned off the lights. he laid there maybe 5 minutes. he got up, jumped off the bed and went down the hallway to the living room and went to his crate. he's now 14 months and still doesn't cuddle. he'll lay at your feet or next to our bed. he'll even put his head on your lap while your sitting and you can pet him for a long time but the true snuggle, no way.

·
Registered
66 Posts
Allie is 3 now, and she tolerates petting much more than she used to. Once when she wasn't quite a year old, she was lying next to the sofa, and my husband started petting her. She put up with it for about a minute and then got up and moved just out of reach and lay down again. How's that for a clear message?!

1 - 15 of 15 Posts