German Shepherds Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I don't speak much about Hop Sing as this is a German Shepherd forum, but he's the best cat I've ever had. I could tell you oh so many stories about him as he really is quite a character. This big super friendly Tonkinese is sure he's running this place and with 10 "switchblades" at the ready, the dogs don't argue that assumption. He loves both dogs a great deal and although he's known Odin all his life he's become especially close to Frigga this past year. They sleep cuddled up together and where one is in the house you can almost certainly find the other.

So
Meister Kitty!

·
Registered
9,796 Posts
<span style="color: #3366FF"> <span style='font-size: 17pt'> <span style='font-family: Comic Sans MS'> HAPPY 11th BIRTHDAY HOP SING!!!</span> </span> </span>

·
Registered
411 Posts
What a sweet boy and great pics!!

·
Registered
2,765 Posts
OMG, are the last two the most precious pictures or what?!? That little bitty baby kitty being "protected" while he sleeps--just so freaking adorable!

~Kristin

·
Registered
16,424 Posts
Aw, is it Siamese? They are the only type I like (that I've met so far).... <span style="color: #3333FF"><span style='font-size: 23pt'>HAPPY B-DAY</span>!</span>

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks everybody! Hop Sing really is "one of the dogs". How many cats come when they're called? How many sit on command? Give you their paw on command? Play fetch? He's alot of fun to have around. A big guy who enjoys his bouts with Odin and his cuddle time with Frigga. He's very special indeed!

No, Cindy, he's not a Siamese. He's a Tonkinese. Closely related but very different in many ways. The breed was created some decades ago (or longer depending on your source) as a cross between Burmese and Siamese. Burmese are large friendly somewhat sluggish cats and Siamese are athletic some say, psychotic cats. Cross the two and you get a large active friendly cat - the best of both breeds. They have long been a recognized breed in their own right.

http://www.cfainc.org/breeds/profiles/articles/tonkinese.html

P.S. If you ask Hop Sing though he'll tell you he's a cougar.

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
A few more pics of the "biscuit" (best-kit):

A favorite picture showing his beautiful blue eyes well.

His face is getting a little lighter as he ages.

Acting loony. (I use this pic as an avatar elsewhere)

·
Registered
18,371 Posts
Awww he is cute!!!!!

Happy Bday Hop Sing!!!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts