German Shepherds Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
14,034 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This is Kaynya's fourth (and most likely last) litter. Here is a picture of her and the sire of the pups:

Kaynya is the fat one. :)

She is due any time now based on the data from her last whelpings (she averaged 58 days between the other three litters).

I have her box set up in our office. It has a rubber bottom memory foam mat in the bottom (to keep things from slipping) and then there's a couple whelping pads layered on top of that for her to nest in. I tossed one of the dog beds in there as well. She hasn't shown any signs of active whelping yet so it can stay there for now.

Her temp last night was 98, this morning was 99 and she refused breakfast (she NEVER refuses food) so I'm guessing she will go within the next 24 hours.

Live webcam can be seen here: Piquins Chinese Crested 2013 Litter on USTREAM: Chinese Cresteds Chimane's Spice it Up Piquin and Pufnstufs Slam Dunk At Lo Jo were bred on the first week ...

·
Registered
8,690 Posts
Oooh I can't wait to see pictures!! I hope it's a quick whelp with healthy puppies :)

You really made me laugh with the "she's the fat one" comment, it's a good thing dogs can't read english or she might be offended and throwing a temper tantrum ;) Those darn pregnancy hormones lol

·
Premium Member
4,612 Posts
I was watching the live cam. She looks like a very good mother. :congratulations: I hope all come out healthy and look a lot like their beautiful parents!

·
Premium Member
4,612 Posts
Jonas is laying behind me watching this, he is very quiet and attentive. :) He loves TV anyways but he is doing a lot of head tilting to the little squeaks from the puppies.

·
Registered
852 Posts
Are you planning on continuing with breeding Chinese Cresteds since you said this will probably be her last litter? I will be looking for one in the future.

·
Registered
14,034 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Are you planning on continuing with breeding Chinese Cresteds since you said this will probably be her last litter? I will be looking for one in the future.
I have one of her daughters and I co-own another one of her daughters so yes, I plan to continue. :)

·
Premium Member
14,021 Posts
They are cute. I think I have seen only one of these in person. This is the only dog my oldest snapped at, I don't think she knew what it was. She was fine after she got to smell it.

·
Registered
19,157 Posts
powder puffs!!!!

·
Registered
19,157 Posts
wow! is the whole litter PP?!

·
Registered
424 Posts
Watching her with these pups is addictive! lol.. I could do it all day! Congrats..they are adorable. And she seems to be a very attentive mama..

1 - 20 of 27 Posts