German Shepherds Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
179 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So my puppy sleeps in the kennel next to our bed...The problem is every time she moves we wake up because the plastic tray is so loud. We have a bed in there for her but it still make noise...Any suggestions to quiet it down?

·
2,967 Posts
I like to put rubber stall mats in the bottom of my dogs crates. They're virtually indestructable, better for their joints than hard plastic, and nice and heavy so they're virtually noiseless as well. I buy mine at Tractor Supply for about $40, and can cut it down to fit 2-3 crates.

·
Registered
244 Posts
I either get old carpet for free where someone has installed new carpet (neighbor) or from Goodwill I get a bed-comforter or blanket folded to fit.

·
Registered
109 Posts
I have the same problem...am a very light sleeper and wake up every time my 8 month old changes position and plops to the floor....am presently using ear plugs...seems to help....

·
Registered
31,838 Posts
Some pet supplies plus sell for about 10 dollars, a plastic crate pan that is rubbery in texture and not hard plastic that cracks and sounds loud. I switch mine out the moment I get my crate.

·
Registered
12,379 Posts
bath mats under the floor and on top,rubberized ones don't move

I second the bath mat idea. They are cheap and easy to clean. Because of the rubber on the bottom they don't move too much. I use them in his house kennel as well as his travel crate.

·
Registered
1,378 Posts
Ok how do you keep your pup from eating the mats? I wanna give Bella something other than hard plastic. But she's a chewer and will chew it up. I'm worried about her eating it and gettin a blockage.

·
Registered
604 Posts
Is this one of the wire kennels with the tray that slides in and out? Do you have a hard floor surface that the kennel is standing on? Try putting the mats under the tray so that the tray rests on them. Maybe that will stop the rattling, yet keep the pup from chewing it.

·
Registered
1,378 Posts
Is the OP still here. They only have 3 posts. I would like to know if it worked for them.

·
Registered
179 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Thanks everyone for the suggestions...I have tried the bath mat idea and it is working so far....I just hope she doesn't start chewing on them!!!

·
Super Moderator
32,040 Posts
Ear plugs. Seriously.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts