German Shepherds Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
4,259 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
OMG! Wolfie is so fresh this morning! We are at the summer house and I try to keep the same routine here as I have at home. Right now would be the time that he naps at my feet while I am on the computer for an hour. Not this morning!! So far, I have said No to Wolfie at least a hundred times. He has taken the throw rugs up and played keep away from Mom with them. He took all the phone books off the stand, stole a bunch of Qtips, ripped the runners off the end tables, tried to dig up the carpet stripping, jumped on me more times than I can count, knocked all the folding chairs over, jumped on all the furniture, and every time I tell him no, he gives me " back talk" and does something else even fresher! I know he wants to go outside, and he can hear the ocean waves, but geez, can't I wake up for a minute and have my tea in peace?! He is 6 months old. he must be starting that fresh phase that they go through.

·
Registered
3,102 Posts
Get him outside and give him some serious exercise! If you can't do that crate him for a few minutes when he back talks....Jake "talks back to me sometimes", I have learned that the IGNORE gets him more then anything. He hates if I don't pay attention to him....Now REMIND me of this when I post the same thing in a week or so!!! LOL

·
Registered
4,259 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I put him in his crate. LOL! Hubby just came back home, and he took Wolfie out to play ball, thank goodness! I love that pup to death, but he was seriously on my last nerve!

·
Registered
3,472 Posts
Oh you poor thing I sympathize :) Molly is the same and I am not a morning person (without at least 3 cups of coffee) so the routine here is 6.AM I am outside in my Pj's drinking coffee on the run whilst kicking a soccer ball around for her! The neighbours just laugh at me :D

·
Registered
12,379 Posts
I really think that the person who invented the 'clicker' was someone who had grown weary of saying "NO!"

·
Registered
1,574 Posts
LOL... I like the term "fresh." We always say, Max is "full of it" when he's fresh. Today, he's mucho fresh too!! If we could only get them together to work it off between them. I took him to the dog park this morning, but there was nobody there, so we walked a while and he's now been on the treadmill inside twice. Still fresh... as a wild daisy!! :)

·
Registered
4,259 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Hubby was talking to the neighbor. I knew he wasn't paying attention to Wolfie like he was supposed to. I looked out at Wolfie and he had the welcome mats and was chewing them and dug a hole in fornt of the door!

·
Registered
117 Posts
Wolfie needs some serious mental stimulation and physical stimulation! Everything I read said that when a GSD gets bored, they become destructive. I've found that to be the case with my 6 month old boy, too. Thankfully my kids take him for walks and runs or I'd be pulling my hair out.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Oh wow! So far Elsa hasn't been destructive, but she'll pick up a shoe or two and try to gnaw on it when I'm not paying attention to her. So, thankfully, my boyfriend has completed teaching her how to swim and she loveslovesloves it! And it's so funny because on training day he took her swimming and she was too pooped for class! She did her commands but she did not win Fastest Down!

·
Registered
21 Posts
as always a tired puppy is a well behaved and happy puppy. But sometimes these pups just get a bug up their behind and no matter how much exercise and play they get they go wild and crazy for a little while.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts