German Shepherds Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
6,495 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone else's dog bring a toy every time they ask to go out?
Every time Bianca wants to go outside, she brings a toy to the back door. I always tell her she can't bring it, and if she's still holding it I tell her 'drop it' or 'aus'.
Recently I noticed there was a whole toy collection in the kitchen from her hopefully bringing her toy to the door!
So when I let her in from the yard I started telling her to 'get the toy!' so she'd grab it and bring it back into the living room.

·
Registered
2,461 Posts
Ha ha! Yes, all too familiar in our house. I think they want their toys to enjoy the outside also.

Elmo pulled a fast one when we had a lot of snow a few weeks ago. When I was outside with them, he ran in and grabbed his toy and started pouncing through the snow. When I told him to get his toy, he buried it and looked at me like he had no idea what I was talking about.

·
Registered
1,858 Posts
Always!!! LOL, Ava still hasnt been able to figure out that stuffies stay indoors and and that nasty beat up basketball stays OUTSIDE! She only has a couple toys she can take with her, one is her new fav, an orange bumper....

·
Registered
12,829 Posts
Otto always has to bring them INSIDE. When it's really cold the dogs usually play in the basement. Today I went out to play with them - there was nothing out there but Morgan's cuz and a jolly ball. Where are the deflated basketballs? In the basement, 27 dog toys in the basement, 2 outside...

·
Registered
14,028 Posts
What's worse is when they bring a frozen peed-on toy IN with them!

·
Super Moderator
32,028 Posts
No freezes here, but we do have a Kong ball that's been outside for awhile. It's been peed on so many times it's virtually a biohazard at this point. I noticed someone brought it in and it's on the floor in the garage pen next to the water dish. I'd either throw it away or run it through the dishwasher, but it's so gross that I don't want to pick it up! I can't believe one of them even put it in their mouth long enough to bring it inside.

·
Registered
18,371 Posts
We have inside and outside toys but it seesm the insides get out and outsides get in. I don't know how that happens. I think someone or multiple someones must switch them all around.

I really don't like it when the outsides that come in are really nasty and end up on my rugs, yuk!

I just move all the toys every few days.

·
Registered
538 Posts
Caleb and Aodhán also bring their toys outside. It's really hard to keep a few things for inside - just so I know where they are - mostly their Chuck-it balls. They are supposed to be the "special, time to play with Mom" toys. If I didn't put them up, they would be outside, too. Or rolled underneath a workbench or cabinet in the basement.

Caleb will also bring toys in. If I want him to take a break, I pick up all the inside toys and put them away. He's figured out that he can bring something in and keep trying. At least right now, they're just snow covered, so they're wet when he brings them in and drops them on the couch.

·
Registered
824 Posts
we have "outside toys" and "inside toys". Jolly balls, and other scuzzy chews - outside toy. All plush and ropes- inside toys.

When she brings the scuzzy toy in we say "outside toy" and she takes it back out. Sometimes
When she kidnaps one to the outside we tell her "that's an inside toy!" and she brings it back in.. it's funny to watch. Neighbors think we are wierd.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts