German Shepherds Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
4,782 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Molly is one of those dogs that melts if you look at her wrong. I decided to try to clicker training with her since it's pure positive, which she needs. Any type of punishment she shuts down. I tried to clicker train her once, but every time I clicked she ran or just shut down and wouldn't respond. So I tried a clicky pen, nope she ran from that too, I tried the top of a snapple bottle, no luck she just shut down. When we adopted Dodger I did clicker training with him from day one; he absolutely loves it when he doesn't get a command right he goes through all his commands until he gets it right lol. After about a year of ignoring Molly when she ran from the click every night, I decided to give it another go. I did click and treat for about a week and a half, and she never shut down not once!!!! I taught her sit and down (which she knew, but not very well in about 5 mins), once she mastered this I taught her 'watch me' she learned this in about ten minutes, once she figured out that the click means food she's no longer afraid!! I'm so proud of her :D

·
Registered
4,782 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I give most of the credit to Dodger, he's the one that helped her realize that there's no need to fear the clicker lol.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts