German Shepherds Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
372 Posts
Hello, and cute dog. Are all these pictures the same dog? The last few pictures show a very large dog compared to the first pictures.

·
Registered
1,851 Posts
Hmmmm, while she is very pretty she is overweight. I know not good to say but it’s better for her health to lose weight. Her head is smaller then her whole body.

·
Registered
765 Posts
That's what I thought, but I didn't want to say it. She is a very pretty coloring, however. No offense meant, but if you look at the difference between the third and fourth pics, you can tell super easily that even then she's changed incredibly. If a few forum posters can tell from a picture, and your vet can't tell by a checkup, there's a problem there. It will be much better for her bones and her overall body if she loses some weight.

Reactions: tim_s_adams

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
YOU DO KNOW YOU ARE ON A FORUM FOR "EPI" RIGHT??????????? Leave her alone ....move on! She is healthy and we are proud of her...if you cant speak nicley..dont speak at all! Thank you

·
Registered
712 Posts
She is a lovely girl and you should be proud, nobody is trying to offend you only concerned for her well being of which maybe you weren’t aware of. She has such a sweet expression and I love her colors.

Here is a link with the nine point body condition scoring, it shows you what to look for and how to determine where your dog stands. It’s great information for everyone as it can be hard to “guess” what is considered ideal.

·
Registered
7,597 Posts
People trying to help you with your dog are being nice. There are a lot of experienced people here. Which picture of your dog is the most recent?

·
Registered
765 Posts
We aren't trying to hurt you or make you angry at all! In fact, we are trying to help. It's your choice if you heed that advice and help, but if you don't, we aren't going to rub it on your face or anything.

But as MineareWorkingLine said, there are tons of people here who just want to help you. It is dangerous for a dog to be that overweight, and if you care about her well-being, you should take the advice given to you and maintain her weight at a healthy level. It can cause tons of problems if she gets sick and she is overweight.

But like I said, if you choose not to listen, it's your dog. Not ours. So we aren't going to get outraged at you if you just say no.

The point is that people here care. Isn't it better to have members who actually care about your dog and are willing to offer you help instead of ones who just ignore the unhealthy possibilities that could be aroused from her condition? I would think so.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts