German Shepherds Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
In 2003 I bought a protection trained GSD from ** name removed by Admin**. When the owner ** Name removed by Admin** brougt me the dog I paid him and had wonderful years with Cereal. He passed away 11/09 and I wired *** $7500.- for another GSD that I was told I'd have in 2-3 weeks. After 4 months - still no dog. Then he brought me a dog with a huge growth on his foreleg. I sent him back. Then he brought another dog with problems I was unaware of. I kept the second dog as I had already paid for him and I could never get the owner to return my frantic emails regarding the dogs health/training issues. The dog had a health certificate from a local vet in his area but the dog also had a very bad case of Giardia, a rare skin parasite called Rhabditis Strongyloides, lots of ticks and burns under his chin from an electric collar. The dog wouldn't eat, was very lethargic, had a real bad smell and had terrible diarrhea -this went on for 6 months. Finally, he is all better. I would seriously recommend NOT buying a dog from these people (***). The guy is a liar and a con man - I'm being kind. At least there was a happy ending as Almo turned out to be a great dog.

·
Registered
7,289 Posts
Glad Almo has found a loving and happy home.

·
Super Moderator
32,411 Posts
Wow, $7500 for a dog?!?!?!? Why are they so expensive? And how come he kept bringing you dogs - couldn't you go visit and see the dog you were getting in advance so you could decide if you wanted it or not?

·
Registered
46 Posts
Hi Debbie

I trusted this guy as he brought me my first GSD and the dog was fantastic. So, when he asked me to wire him the money because he had a trained dog for me I was excited. What an expensive lesson. The vet bills were well over 1200.- and *** won't return calls or emails. The owner of *** was well aware that Almo had medical issues. All is well that ends well!
I have come to the point where I believe animals should not be bought or sold. Money corrupts everything.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Glad Almo has found a loving and happy home.
Me too! He probably would have died if he stayed where he was. He weighs 101 lbs.now and he is still thin. When I got him at 15 months he was 78lbs. He was the most pathetic looking GSD. Now he looks like a million dollars and he is absolutely delicious! Just had him neutered and we made it through that with no problems.

·
Super Moderator
18,687 Posts
Bashing of breeders or anyone else is not allowed on this board. If the name of the person or their business is mentioned again in this thread the poster will be banned.

Thank you,

Admin Lisa

·
Registered
4,828 Posts
I'm glad your dog is doing better, but this is why you have to research breeders before buying anything. The fact that your dog is so far over standard size would be a red flag to me about the breeder in the first place. I know you said your first dog was great, but even bad breeders can have an occasional good puppy.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts