German Shepherds Forum banner

1 - 20 of 49 Posts

·
Registered
2,897 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Okay, so we don't high-jack a thread.... Whats your GSD's common nickname and what is the general response you get from it??

Nicknames are vital when picking a name, we have Killian, who is now nicknamed KILL..... It really shocks people when kids can't say Killian and you say can you say "kill" and you realized what you just said..... *SIGH* I blame my husband.
I get a jaw drop response if I call him KILL, and if I call him Killian, they are like, OH, after the beer Killians?? I say no. Not like the beer..... *eyes roll* LOL!!

·
Registered
1,968 Posts
Otto is my GSD name. People ask me why did yout name your dog Auto like a car?? I say its a German name and a name of guy in my favorite show in Sons of Anarchy. Even at the vet I still have the same problem.... even after I explained to change it. Otto is short enuff were he dosen't have a nickname. Just wanted to share... :)

·
Registered
14,344 Posts
My GSD's name is Sinister and I call him Sin. People always say "Is it short for cinnamon?"

Sometimes when I say Sinister they think I am saying Sister. :crazy:

·
Registered
4,119 Posts
Our dog's nickname is Elsiepookins. Yeah, not exactly a shortened form...and if it does get shortened it's to Pookins. I can't remember the last time I called her "Elsa" haha.

You could try to call Killian Kiki or something and get the kids off Kill!

·
Registered
410 Posts
"Schindler"- Everyone asks why he was named after a nazi. I explain that the movie Schindler's list was made about a German war hero "Oscar Schindler" that saved almost 1200 jews during the Holocaust. Famous Oscar Schindler quote-"Whoever saves one life, saves the world entire."

That aside, his nicknames are- Schindiggler, Schindy, Schindy Schoo Schoo, Sugar, Schin-diddly-um-cious, and many many more....lol

·
Registered
669 Posts
Kane has a couple.....Hubby calls him Kanye. But he is normally known as Captain Der. lol

·
5,627 Posts
I call Kaiser "K" .... I also happen to call me niece Kayleigh "Kay". My sister isn't thrilled about that but in my head they are different!

Most people think I say Raymond when I tell them Raven :confused:

·
Registered
8,913 Posts
Stark's nickname is "Bubba". He was such a big boned baby that the name just happened one day and stuck.

I have been known to call out, "Bubba heir!" and not realize it until someone points it out.

Recently Stark had a nose issues (something was either stuck up there or he had an infection - vets couldn't figure it out and it went away on it's own) and had some clear discharge coming from it, boogers for a lack of better words.. and so we have called him that from time to time as well... "Booger come here". He listens to all, but I would say that Bubba is the name we use the most (maybe even more so than his given name).

·
Registered
641 Posts
Ava's name is Ava Larue and I always call her Rutabega when were are being silly.

·
Registered
4,099 Posts
Cassie is Cass

Gunnar is Guns or Gunny.

I just like shorter names, 1 syllable if possible.

·
Registered
669 Posts
Captain Der...LOL I cracked up when you called him that in another thread!
When I call him Captain Der, and if Kane was human, this is how I picture him.:D And I would be his sidekick. lol

·
Registered
2,933 Posts
Moses - MoMo Moses, MoMan, MoMo
Layla -Lazy Layla, Layler Mayler
Gilda - Gilda Girl, G Girl, G, sister
Sigourney - Corny, Cornball, Sig, Pumpkin, Little Bit

·
Registered
9,602 Posts
Stosh gets called Mr. Stosh because our vet has a client by that name and when we're waiting they always call him that. My husband calls him Stosh Man. A guy at my office thinks his name is Socks or Scotch, he can't figure out which. Only one person has ever called him Stoshie and as soon as she said it she wished she hadn't.

·
Registered
410 Posts
When I call him Captain Der, and if Kane was human, this is how I picture him.:D And I would be his sidekick. lol
HAHAHA!!!! That gives a very good mental picture of the daily events in your house...lol

·
Registered
5,250 Posts
Frag is usually "shortened" to "Fraddums" or "Fraggle" or "Fraggley Foot".

People that ask his name in public think he's Fred. :rolleyes:

·
Registered
728 Posts
My dogs have SO MANY nicknames, I know you said GSD but I'm listing them all - and my African Grey parrot, Mariah, knows all of their nicknames and she knows which is which.

Remington (GSD) - Remi, Rem, Puppy Love, Little Prince, Puppy, Remadem

Beauregard Whitfield (Pom) - Beau, Bunny, Bun Bun, Monkey, Monks, Monkey Madness

Cooper (Corgi) - Coopie, Coops, Coopsie Daisy, Pupsie

Lexie (Shi-Poo) - Baby, Diva

Racey (Chihuahua) - Pig, Piggles, Piggins, Piglet, Piggly Wiggly, Jelly, Jellybean, Jellz, Sausage, Bad Seed (or just Seed lmao) Swine, Swineling... lmfao, yes, all of those and she answers to ALL of them!

1 - 20 of 49 Posts