German Shepherds Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
4,384 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just thought I would share a nice article published in one of the area newspapers about BrightStar (I posted this in the Current Affairs Section also, but thought more Rescue people would visit here):

http://www.journal-register.com/local/local_story_115115249.html

Here is Lad's, one of the dogs featured in the article, Urgent Thread:

http://www.germanshepherds.com/forum/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=576042&page=0&fpart=1

Sadie, the senior girl, was pulled from a local HS when she was not doing well there.

·
Registered
4,384 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I wish I had known the article was being written - I would have tried to have a bit of information included about Lad and Sadie's BEFORE history, but at least "we" all know.

I wanted to share this, because it is a nice story, but it is not just about BrightStar - everyone who helped Lad (and Sadie locally) should be very proud -I am of all of you - if that counts! lol

I certainly couldn't do my BrightStar role without the help of the trusted kindhearted smart people on this board.

This is an article about 2 of the lucky ones, but we all know there are so many, of every breed, that are not lucky every single day, and that is the truly heartbreaking, maddening fact.

·
Registered
1,302 Posts
Great Article!
hey Medina isn't that far from me

ps do you go to one of the Brightstar vets listed or do you use your own? --because none of them are really near either of us

·
Registered
524 Posts
There's my Sadie girl
Haven't heard anything on her since she went to her foster home but looks like she's doing well

·
Registered
4,384 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Allie: I hear that she is doing very well with Ken and that she will most likely be his forever foster and he is great with that.

drkcloud4u: I take my BrightStar fosters to a BrightStar vet. For my personal dogs, I take them to another vet.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts