German Shepherds Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
972 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
so i noticed zero in the back bard was picking something up with his front teeth and shaking it, i went up to him and it was dog poop!! is that bad for him> hes not straight eating it just like picking through it....

·
Registered
9,602 Posts
Lots of puppies and some adult dogs eat poop. Sounds like your pup was just playing and not actually consuming it. I had a beagle that did it most of her life- some theories are they're deficient in something, they smell some undigested food, or they just like it.

·
Registered
972 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
okay, i wanted to make sure he wasnt sick, i know dogs love cat poop lol he usually does it before i feed him so i think he gets hungry.. hes a weirdo

·
Registered
262 Posts
Lots of puppies and some adult dogs eat poop. Sounds like your pup was just playing and not actually consuming it. I had a beagle that did it most of her life- some theories are they're deficient in something, they smell some undigested food, or they just like it.
Yes there are quite a few differing theories around this. My advice..keep an eye on him. Get him checked for worms/parasites as well.

·
Registered
4,828 Posts
This can be the beginning of poop eating. I would be cleaning up the yard at every opportunity and stopping him should I catch him appear even interested in a pile.

·
Registered
972 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
im going to have to.. i mean i clean up poop a lot! lol but im going to have to do it everytime they go.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts