German Shepherds Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2,387 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am not sure what happened last night, but my blood sugar must have went lower than it ever has in all my years of being diabetic. I had gone out of town with a friend to my brother-in-law's funeral and got back in the early evening. I waited a while to eat because I wasn't hungry and when I got ready to eat, I noticed my blood sugar was a little low. But, I ate a good supper and was watching a movie and then...I don't know. I won't say I lost consciousness, but it must have been darn close to that. I wasn't aware of anything, well except for my faithful boy who kept "waking" me up barking, barking, barking and licking, licking, licking, licking and sometimes pawing at me. I have a vague recollection of coming to several times and yelling at him "stop barking," "quiet," "stop licking" and "leave me alone" but he kept on and until finally I was awake enough to realize something was wrong. As far as I know, Newlie was never trained in anything like that, but I can't help feeling that he was smart enough to maybe save my life last night. He is my hero.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts