German Shepherds Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello

I need an advice as a newbie owner of a German Shepherd puppy, this question has probably been asked already but I'll ask it if you don't mind. So me and my family bought a puppy around 5 weeks ago, he was 7 weeks old, he's about 12 weeks old now. (apologies for the grammar mistakes I'm not a native speaker)

At the beginning he gave us hard time, sleepless nights, pooping everywhere, and so on. we thought it would be like this for first few weeks, after watching bunch of videos of how to house train a puppy, there was an improvement so after about two weeks he kind of learned what to do and so on, but then it all went loose.

he cries and whines all the time, sometime looks like he has no energy, then suddenly he's on a good mood, the worst part is, the moment we leave him out of sight for even 15 minutes he starts crying, he's so loud it feels like someone's stabbing him, we tried crate, playpen, but it's getting worse, we thought he was sick, we took him to the Vet and he said health-wise everything was ok.

Now what I'm worried about is the fact that we're mostly home at this moment (due to this virus stay home thing) but when we start working again we'll be spending much less time with him and I'm afraid that everything is going to get even worse.

so few questions I have is, am I doing something wrong, we're playing with him as much as we can, we're trying to train him, we used bunch of toys, teaching him basic obedience calls, but puppy is just absolutely going nuts every-time we leave him and potty training is getting worse, even though we kept the schedule. should we ignore him? do you think it will get better?

Thank you

·
Registered
175 Posts
I would start leaving him alone (maybe go outside) for a few minutes at a time so that you get him used to the fact that you will be coming back. This is normal behavior for a puppy. It took my pup (who is 9 months) a while to understand this. Keep practicing everything you are doing with him, be consistent, and he will begin to understand. Don't forget that he is only 3 months old and needs you to be patient with him. Best of luck.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts