German Shepherds Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Everyone! I am new to the forum and would like to introduce my boy Charlie. Currently 7 months old today he is a gorgeous LSC with a beautiful personality! I've always had GSD's growing up at home, and my husband and I lost our beautiful girl Kira a year ago this week. Over christmas we decided we couldn't not have a dog around the house so we contacted a breeder and found a long coat boy that just melted our hearts. He came home with us at 11weeks old and has definitely found his place in our hearts and our home (destroying things as he goes!!)

Attachments

·
Registered
424 Posts
Welcome to the forum. Charlie is very handsome!!

·
Registered
19,157 Posts
he's beautiful!

sidenote: I met a woman from Perth last week and a couple guys also from there back in March.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Hi everyone! Thank you for the warm welcomes!! Yes I think he is beautiful too! I am biased though! He knows he is beautiful lol! he uses it against me!!

We had to take him in to the emergency vet yesterday as he was yelping and holding his back leg up. They checked him out and told us he has a luxating patella - dislocated knee. it had gone back in basicaly straight away, but thought we'd better get him checked anyway and thats what they said. They recommended surgery straight away to fix it. But I wanted a second opinion as he is so young. Weve just come home from our normal vet who checked him out and did all the same movements the vet did yesterday plus some and he had no visible signs of pain and had full range of movement in both his legs. the joint is slightly swollen but he's not limping or anything. she gave him some anti inflammatories for the slight swelling and said to just keep an eye on him. She said he may need surgery later on if it keeps happening, but for now to just keep an eye on him. She said he's so young and still growing its too hard to judge if he needs surgery now. She said coz he has no limited movement we should just keep an eye on it for now.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts