German Shepherds Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

· Registered
4,121 Posts
Seriously, if Syracuse is an option do that. Aren't you moving here in the winter?? That drive up 81 once you hit the Tully area can be a real bear in the middle of winter. But agree with the Newark sentiment if you can.

What about Philly? I'm not sure it would be any further...does anyone know what traffic is like around there? I feel like that would be a less painful drive. I've never driven into the airport, just around the city and I don't think it's even comparable to NYC/NJ traffic.

I would definitely look into prices into Syr if you haven't already. The last few times I"ve flown internationally, it's been CHEAPER for me to fly out of Syr than NYC. Not sure if that's also the case with flying the dogs...I was surprised, but hey whatever..much easier for me!

· Registered
4,121 Posts
Ugh, how annoying. Well, I say ship to Syracuse if you can get flights close to each other.

It's probably 6 of 1, half dozen of another...being winter, there is always the chance of something happening with the flights....driving down to Newark then having a cancelled flight or huge delay...if you fly them into Syracuse, one could be delayed and the other not.

Syracuse seldom has winter related delays, however...one thing I have to say about that little airport is they know how to work a snowstorm. Of course if Newark is delayed on their layover from snow I guess that won't help you any....but NYC always gets less snow than Syr.

I could always watch them in the event of a timing delay if they come into Syracuse. I just can't guarantee you'd get them back. Hehehe (kidding of course :) )

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.