German Shepherds Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

· Banned
8,999 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just got the offer for shipping the dogs and Gradlyn Kennels suggested to take a straight flight to either Newark or JFK and to pick them up from there.

The shipping costs for one male and two females are 1802 EUROS (including two kennels for 305 EUROS which I will probably buy myself. Means that we have to pay around 1500 Euros to ship all three of them which is cheaper than Petair. With Petair we would pay the same for two dogs as we pay for three with Grandlyn Kennels.

Anyhow, which is the better Airport? NEWARK or JFK?

For those that don't know, we move to Watertown, NY.

· Banned
8,999 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Well the flight from Germany to Newark or JFK would be all in all 1802 EUROS.

They said it's easier to take a straight flight. I guess I could take somebody with me so we can switch the drivers. I drive there and the other one drives back.

Chris (Abby) care for an adventure? :D

· Banned
8,999 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
I have just received an email from gradlyn.

I can't ship them all together to Syracuse. If I want to ship them together I have to either pick between NEWARK or JFK or I had to ship them one after another.

What do you all think? Shipping them together and make a long trip to NEWARK or shipping them one after another and pick them up from Syracuse.

· Banned
8,999 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Thank you so much for the offer. I hope all is going to work out just fine. I wished I could take them with me right away so we'd all get there together but it's probably better to leave them behind and ship them once we've found something. Looking for a place to live and caring about the dogs would be too stressful, probably.

· Banned
8,999 Posts
Discussion Starter · #23 ·
Well, they said that they can't ship Yukon into Syracuse because of his crate size...maybe I have to go with a different airline then. I can't believe that Yukon can't be shipped into Syracuse, he's not that tall. They said they usually use the XXL crates for Male Shepherds. So I am not sure what to do now.

Let me check with Petair if they can ship into Syracuse.

By the way I found a landlord in Alexandria Bay. He said to email more info about us, how we live, pictures of the dogs (he has a dog himself) and I sent him some of the videos from the dogs. Pics of how we live etc.

They move out in November so the timeline would be perfect. Wish us luck that we'll get that place, it would be sooo perfect. :wild::wub:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.