German Shepherds Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,
About 6 weeks ago I was on my usual 4 mile walk when out from behind a bush appeared a scary looking GSD. I had my can of wasp spray at the ready and as he approached me I said STOP and he went down and backed up. I said "oh you see me as dominate, good or, you would have got a face full of this". I proceeded on and he followed me home. I tried to ignore him and even told him to "go home" several times. He wouldn't listen. He hung around all day and for the next two days he slept on my porch. I tried next door.com and other neighbors put him on FB to no avail. Seems like he was a drop off. He was showing his ribs and was hungry and had been seen by others for a week prior to him finding me. I got him his shots and micro-chip. His name is NOMAD. He is a good dog and listens well, must have had some training. He is very friendly to everyone and loves walking with me. I'm glad to have him and don't mind spending my retirement benefit on him. :smile2:

I like this site and am glad it is here. I've had GSD's when I was a young fellow and never was able to keep them. Nomad is here to stay. My kids are grown up and have families of their own. Now my wife and I have him. My wife says Nomad is good for me and will keep me busy. I guess Nomad knew I would take care of him.

·
Registered
4,838 Posts
Welcome to the forum! That's quite a story, sounds like you and Nomad both got lucky! Pictures are a must, when you get a chance...

·
Registered
2,123 Posts
Hello and welcome! Nomad is lucky to have found you. I love his name, seems fitting! Yes, we'd love to see pictures!

·
Registered
1,168 Posts
And now you have a buddy for your daily 4-mile walk!
Nomad must have decided that you were his human in spite of your waving the spray at him. :)

·
Premium Member
239 Posts
Awww, sounds like Nomad knows a good person when he sees one. Really great name, too! I hope you'll share some pictures of him!

·
Registered
316 Posts
"Go Home!" you demand. And the dog does. Only not quite what you had in mind.

I'm glad he followed you, I'm glad he got to stay. Sounds like the right partnership. And he will take his share of your retirement.
This is what this post reminded me of lol.

·
Registered
7,949 Posts
Oh boy that video was rough. We sure love our dogs what would the world be without our animals. Congratulations looked like he figured you out quick they are certainly smart lol! to all the new adventures!

·
Registered
27 Posts
That is great. I told my wife about your story and she said that's lucky. He gets a great GSD and did not have to go through the puppy phase and deal with the land shark, chewing, constant energy phase.

I am happy for you!

·
Premium Member
239 Posts
He's awesome! You're both very blessed!

·
Premium Member
115 Posts
Oh, my gosh! What an absolutely beautiful dog! Congratulations, sounds like a fantastic lucky strike for both of you!

1 - 20 of 20 Posts