German Shepherds Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
927 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, I think it is time we found new a trainer for Shane. I feel we reached as far as we could with our current one. Plus with schedule conflicts it was difficult to get together each week. So now Shane will be doing something new...

http://k91training.tripod.com/id3.html

We are signing up for the protection program, which we hope may help with his aggression, as well as some group training! I am very excited! I think Shane will like it because it be more challenging and different!

·
Registered
927 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I saw that too and I asked the trainer what he meant by it. It doesn't have any thing against Sch, in facts, he even recommended that to me as well. He feels that Sch is more of a sport type of things, while what he is training is to protect on command. He feels some people are selling Sch as protection. I don't think he meant anything by it, he was really nice guy and he really knows his stuff. I was really impress with the whole facility and even him.

·
Registered
927 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Originally Posted By: ZeusGSDI almost forgot how funny that video was. A 7 month old puppy certified in personal protection that just saunters up and barely grabs ahold of the guys arm. I'll stop.
Down boy!
...I am going to have to keep you inform let you know how it really is. I've seen a live demonstrated, I seen the facility, I seen the operation and nothing seems funky. But I tell you what, if it is all crap...I promise to let you know and I will join a Sch club! lol

·
Registered
1,962 Posts
May I ask why you need a real PPD? I would have one when I lived in a bad neighborhood in a country where firearms posession was not allowed and dog bites had no consequences (except for that unlucky one who got bitten, of course). I think there is a reason why many people choose SchH and not PPD.

·
Registered
927 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
You know, I am so afraid to answer your question because it can turn into a BIG debate. I'm sure you mean no harm by it, but I can see how there big a big discussion about this so all I am going to say is.....There are many reasons people choose PPD over Sch as well. And I do have my reasons. I didn't wake up one day and decide to do PPD, I had to be realistic what would be good for Shane and what would be good for me. And I found this training facility to be the best for both of us and I am going to leave it at that.

·
Registered
1,962 Posts
I truly didn't mean to open any discussion and it was just a question so no need to become defensive. I have nothing against personal protection, quite the opposite, and I've seen a ppd in action... Good luck with your training!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts