German Shepherds Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone!

I am Dani. I live up in the Northeast! The family I work for just got a puppy, and I am going through withdrawals! I adopted an adult GSD, and he was a love. He has since passed, and I am not in a place to have a dog right now, but I would love to get back into the dog world a little bit with other people's dogs! Is that a thing? Looking for connections and seeing what kind of events are still happening this year. I am also kind of building a network so that, when I am ready for a GSD puppy, I know where to jump! But that is years out. Ha.

Thanks!

Registered
Welcome to the site. I do not post much but really enjoy all the good information I find here!
馃惥馃悤馃惥

Registered
Discussion Starter #4
Miika鈥檚 Mom,

Thanks so much! I was kind of immersed in the dog world before I moved up to New England. Now I a dipping my toes back in and it鈥檚 really exciting! This seemed like a really nice board. I did a little lurking before I signed up. Haha.

Registered
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks to Cadfael and Rionel!

Does anyone have any advice for what to poke around at? Eventing is carefully picking back up during this pandemic, and I was hoping to find some local stuff (I am in Massachusetts) to bebop around to.

There is a lot going on on this board! Lol. Do you guys have a collection of events I can pick through to see what is still running this year, and which of them intend to allow spectators?

Also, any Must-Reads from the board? There is a ton of information! Lol. My roommates just got a standard poodle puppy and I have already forwarded a few of your puppy threads. Lol

My goal is just prep. I have had a shepherd before, but I adopted an older guy. He was awesome, but definitely show lines. I am planning to get a working line shepherd in a year and a half, and I want exposure in the meantime. Any suggestions?

Thanks in advance!!

Registered
Sorry, but I don't currently do anything organized GSD events. You may check on AKC.org and see if you can find a breed specific calendar of events. Also, you may look up the nearest GSD dog club and inquire with them. I googled "massachusetts gsd clubs" and got a pretty good list. I also talked with Richard Shook in North Carolina a few weeks ago, and he's very helpful. He may be able to recommend one over another.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts