German Shepherds Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

Registered
Apex (after the video game) is a German Shepherd born in October of 2021.
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everyone 馃憢,

My name is Kate and I am accompanied by my puppy Apex who is currently eight weeks old. I have never been apart of a forum or online community before and look forward to the new experience. I would start off talking about myself but lets be real.. we are all here to learn more about the pups lol. Apex came home with us for the first time last Friday, 12/17/21, and has already been quite the smarty pants. I am following a positive reinforcement training program with him and he has picked up on everything without a hitch. He has not had a single accident since the first day we brought him home! He is doing well with his first week of training which includes crate training, hand feeding, biting inhibitions, treat luring, socializing, potty training, and tethering. We were also suppose to implement walking, be a tree, but he naturally walks next to me and I haven't had to do anything to encourage the behavior. He is such a smart boy and I love him so much already! We look forward to meeting and learning more about everyone and their fur babies! 馃槉
Christmas tree Plant Photograph Purple Light

Dog Eye Carnivore Dog breed Fawn

Attachments

Super Moderator
He's super handsome! Do reward him enthusiastically whenever he checks in and glances at you.You're laying the foundation for becoming the center of his universe and his desire to follow instructions.

Registered
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
He's super handsome! Do reward him enthusiastically whenever he checks in and glances at you.You're laying the foundation for becoming the center of his universe and his desire to follow instructions.
Thank you for the tip! I will remember to do that :)

Registered
Ilita Von Cluskey, DOB 11/7/21
Welcome Kate and Apex!!! Kate, what an incredibly, adorable puppy! We all look forward to your progress and it definitely sounds like you are starting off on the right....paw. ;) You will find there are a tremendous number of really well-informed owners and trainers on this site. I have found joining to be invaluable as we began our search for our future puppy.

Registered
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Welcome Kate and Apex!!! Kate, what an incredibly, adorable puppy! We all look forward to your progress and it definitely sounds like you are starting off on the right....paw. ;) You will find there are a tremendous number of really well-informed owners and trainers on this site. I have found joining to be invaluable as we began our search for our future puppy.
Thank you for the heart warming welcome :) I think some days are better than others with Apex but he is overall amazing. Today he seemed a little overwhelmed so I think we are going to cool down with some much need playtime tonight. Hope your search for your new forever pup goes well :)

Registered
Charlie (DOB 11/24/20)
Your pup is adorable! Welcome! This site is a wonderful choice for when you've gotten a GSD pup, there's so many wonderful and knowledgeable people on here and they can be a big help when you're stuck or have any questions! Or if you wanna brag and gush about your puppy like I do, they're good listeners!

My boy Charlie also says hello! I love the name Apex btw <3
Dog Carnivore Dog breed Fawn Companion dog

Registered
Welcome to both you and beautiful Apex. My best training tip is consistency. It will pay off in the long run. Positive also need to be firm.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts