German Shepherds Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
177 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello, I have been nosing around these forums reading all kinds of helpful information. The Nutrition section makes me dizzy though. ;)

Any who. I don't have a lot of pictures of the little guy yet but I'm sure that will change once we get him. He will be a little over 8wks when we are able to bring him home due to my fiancee and I's work schedule.

First I can introduce his parents.
Sire: http://www.pedigreedatabase.com/german_shepherd_dog/pedigree/562823.html

Dam:Xinn Vom Zellwaldrand - German shepherd dog

We have met both of these dogs and they're just awesome.

Hopefully this picture works. Here is our boy @ 5 1/2 weeks which is the last time we saw him in person.

http://i557.photobucket.com/albums/ss15/jrod1282/Puppies Visit/OrangeCloseup.jpg

·
Registered
10,132 Posts
You're getting a little showline boy! What a cutie! I think a lot of people on the forums are getting pups within the next 1-3 weeks.

·
Registered
177 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
You're getting a little showline boy! What a cutie! I think a lot of people on the forums are getting pups within the next 1-3 weeks.
Yeah I don't think we're quite ready for the energy level of a WL, as I understand they have more spunk. :)

My family had a small female GSD when I was younger and she was a wonderful dog. I've been doing my home work and have read a couple books such as "German Shepherds for Dummies" and "How to train a puppy for Dummies" as well as lots of online research.

We're very excited to get little Yaeger.

Here is a 7wk picture from the breeder. (hopefully this one works.. lol)

·
Registered
66 Posts
Yes.. sleep. LOL! I got mine when he was 10 weeks. The first night he woke up 3 times and went out to potty. The second night he slept from 10:30 to 7:30. It took a while to get him to sleep into at least 9:30-ish. But he does now. But he is getting to big for his crate so I let him sleep out if it at night.. he licks my face ,every morning at 7:30, to go outside. So.. I hope you are an ealy bird! lol. Good luck and he is ADOWOBUL!(Baby talk for 'adorable')

·
Premium Member
27,460 Posts
Welcome to the forum!

·
Registered
96 Posts
Welcome, you've got a cute pup there. I am recently new to these forums and we just adopted two pups almost 2 weeks ago. Congrats on the little one, hope time goes by fast for you!

·
Registered
119 Posts
Welcome! And please don't feel TOO intimidated by a WL pup. We got Franks when he was 10 weeks and he is a Geman working line guy. He is now 5 months old. He is QUITE a handful as anyone could expect from our breed here but not more than one can handle. My advice is exercise. A lot of people here say "A tired puppy is a good puppy" and this is a law around here. :) I live in a cold and VERY windy climate this time a year so even what we can do which is two 45 minute walks a day, 3-4 10 minute training sessions plus the weekend treat of off leash play time is enough to keep him manageable. We finally got into a training class starting next week and poor guy is going to be pooped! Good luck with your babes and honestly...I think by you coming here in the first place is a sign that you guys will be fine. Education and the wonderful people here are so helpful. I'm sorry to delve into our personal routine...just got excited by your post. New puppies are exciting! :wub:

1 - 15 of 15 Posts