German Shepherds Forum banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
10,132 Posts
You could post your dog's name and registration number and the parents names and registration numbers. That would give us a good start.

·
Registered
4,119 Posts
Also look on pedigreedatabase.com and see if her parents or her litter is registered there. That would probably be easiest as it's an online link.

·
Registered
1,742 Posts
i will look again, is that bad if they are not there??
It would seem from the parent's names that your dog came from a pet breeder (a breeder who is breeding pet dogs, doesn't show or work the dogs). Pet bred dogs are generally from unknown dogs for at least a couple generations, so it wouldn't be surprising that the pedigrees aren't up on pedigree database. Do you know the grandparents names? Great grandparents?

·
"I like Daffy" Moderator
3,276 Posts
People ask what lines my dog has i am new to this, plan on showing confirmation, get alot of complements on her would like to learn more can someone help me?
I have papers just not surewhat i shouldbe looking at.
Congratulations on your new pup. I'm glad that you want to get involved with things with her. If you want to show in conformation you need to learn how to properly present her to the judges. Many kennel clubs give classes in conformation showing and that is a really good way to learn. American Kennel Club - Club Search and Directory You can also go to dog shows and watch the way that others present their dogs and ask questions after the German Shepherd part of the show is over. Don't bother them while they are showing as they are busy and may not be a patient with you then. www.onofrio.com

Where are you located? That way we can point you toward help in your area.

·
"I like Daffy" Moderator
3,276 Posts
Good for you for doing dog sports with your little girl. But obedience and agility classes are not the same as conformation classes.

And I am an AKC show line breeder but I have not heard of the names of your dog's parents. They were probably not "show dogs" but rather pet dogs. There may be some nice dogs in her pedigree. Why don't you put it on the pedigree data base yourself and then maybe you will see what some of her ancestors look like.

·
Registered
3,859 Posts
This will help as you pull up the pictures in the Pedigree Database.

Breed Types & Related Families

On the dam's side it looks like she came from what was originally (meaning, further back in the line) West German Show lines.

For the sire there are no pictues in the pedigree that I could find but he has at least 5 generations of whites in his ancestory so you can almost guess that he resembled the working lines more than the showlines. (straighter back)

What that means when you put it all together is anyone's guess, but enjoy whatever it is you decide to do with her, that's what it's all about!

·
Registered
27,270 Posts
The word is conFORmation...don't spay her until she is more mature, but keep an extreme eye on her at all times(even if you don't think she is in heat).

·
Registered
4,119 Posts
Yes i know spayed cant show confirm, how old is mature i have so many people giving me grief for not spaying
Thanks for advice
Whether or not you do or not is up to YOU. Tell people to back off...she's 7 months old!

1 - 20 of 31 Posts