German Shepherds Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, I was on here a lot in July and August when my 7 yr old GSD, Axl, was having many health issues. We put him down on August 20th and our life has not been the same since. My 2 year old daughter still talks about him daily. Christmas had something missing this year and on top of it, on Christmas Eve we were contacting about taking in a 9 month old female GSD that had been left at a vet's office. We didn't do it. But she did find a good home for Christmas. It really got us thinking that maybe we were ready for another. So an ad came in the newspaper earlier this week, we made the call and to make a long story short, we are getting a puppy on Tuesday. We did our shopping at Petco last night and are very excited. However, we haven't picked out a food yet. The breeder said they were on Blue and I'm going to read some older posts about food suggestions. I'm glad to be back on here in a happier state of mind. There's nothing like a GSD! :wub:

·
Premium Member
27,460 Posts
Sorry about your loss last year but great news about 2011!

Hope you got a great new digital camera for Xmas so you can take tons of photos of your new pup when it arrives!

·
Registered
1,834 Posts
Sorry about your loss but welcome back. Why a pup from the paper but not the 9 month old pup that needed a new home? Timing?

·
Registered
7,289 Posts
Welcome back, and sorry about your loss of Axl. Sounds like 2011 is going to be a better year! :)

·
Registered
168 Posts
Sorry to hear about your loss and it is nice to meet you. I am sure your new puppy will bring you lots of happiness and joy. Our Vet suggested we feed Brewski Merrick a dry dog food (although you can by their wet food too) it is 100% natural everything in it we can eat. Good Luck and Congrats on your new addition!

·
Registered
9,602 Posts
So sorry you lost your boy at such a young age. But that's super exciting about the new pup! Are you getting a boy or girl, do you have a name yet? Lots of info about food on the forums.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts