German Shepherds Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi! I am new to this forum. We just brought home our puppy from California. Drove back home to Idaho. I figured she would need a day or two to get acclimated to her new environment. We got home on Tuesday and it is now Thursday. She just isn't eating much. I heard 1 cup per 10 lbs. She's barely eating 1/4-1/3cup. She was drinking lots yesterday, but not so much today. Thoughts???

·
Registered
5,126 Posts
If you are feeding the same food as the breeder did, try moistening it with some water. Otherwise try to get the same food that the breeder gave her. If she doesn't eat it dry, then moisten it. If she still isn't eating, I suggest you check with your vet and take fecal sample (a tsp. in a baggie is enough) to have it tested for worms.

·
Registered
91 Posts
I would say it's just because she is stressed from the new and unkown envirenment. Just like humans don't have an appetite when they're nervous or anxious. Was the same way with my pup for a few days and even after that for weeks I had to feed her by hand and encourage her with every handful. She just wasn't a big eater and more of a grazer.

What could help is if you mix in some wet dog food.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts