German Shepherds Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Here is Hannah, shes 4 months old. I will post some more pictures later. few of these are at my place in Wyoming and riding to work with me. One of those is the outcome of our first bath. It was an adventure.

Attachments

·
Registered
9,724 Posts
Hehehe... At least she doesn't stink anymore:wild:
The first time I washed Hans, I got in the shower with him, wearing a bathing suit.
Even so, it was a pain. Not fun cleaning the shower and bathroom after. Much easier to run out on the patio with the hose, shampoo, and a towel. Something to look forward to when you come home for good.:)

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Cute pup! Looks like she has a very loving owner :)

Is that chicken w/bone mixed with kibble? I wouldn't feed bone and kibble at the same meal.
Im just weaning her off the kibble. I will be on 100% RAW by tomorrow. I just didnt want to shock her gut too much.

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Hehehe... At least she doesn't stink anymore:wild:
The first time I washed Hans, I got in the shower with him, wearing a bathing suit.
Even so, it was a pain. Not fun cleaning the shower and bathroom after. Much easier to run out on the patio with the hose, shampoo, and a towel. Something to look forward to when you come home for good.:)
lol yeah I should have just got in with her. after I finished rinsing her she tore out of that tub into my lap and rolled around on me lol. Shes still loves me so that guy must have been full of it.

omg I can't wait to get home and just jump in the pool after a long play session. Its warming up here a little more so i'm going to wal mart to buy a kiddy pool so she will like the water.

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #7

·
Registered
9,724 Posts
I love Florida too. Glad you made the move, Central FL is the best place to be too.

Great swimmer, Hans was saying life is gooooood
Speaking of baths, I find it really great to get him to swim, then grab the shampoo when he is done, lather him up good, and rinse with the hose. It is the drying that's a problem.
People on this board tell me it's not okay to leave him wet, so he doesn't swim nearly as much as I'd like him to. Also, I've been told that the chlorine in the water is really bad for their skin.:(
Took me a while to get him to accept the hair dryer, and the warm weather here helps dry him faster.
If it were up to me, he would be swimming every single day.
Some people actually think it's hotter and more humid down here than it really is. Plus, the people here are either retired or on vacation, so most of them are in a really good mood :wild:

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Speaking of baths, I find it really great to get him to swim, then grab the shampoo when he is done, lather him up good, and rinse with the hose. It is the drying that's a problem.
People on this board tell me it's not okay to leave him wet, so he doesn't swim nearly as much as I'd like him to. Also, I've been told that the chlorine in the water is really bad for their skin.:(
Took me a while to get him to accept the hair dryer, and the warm weather here helps dry him faster.
If it were up to me, he would be swimming every single day.
Some people actually think it's hotter and more humid down here than it really is. Plus, the people here are either retired or on vacation, so most of them are in a really good mood :wild:
Yes the drying is a big pain. Ive always had Labs and they were easy to dry. Guess I will have to go out and buy a hair dryer. I'm sure the clerk will look at me funny when I do lol (i have veeerryy short hair)

Yes my lab had a bad time with hot spots, not sure if it was the chlorine but she swam 24/7. She could even dive under the water to the bottom of a 6ft pool and fetch her toys.

·
Registered
9,724 Posts
People here are actually recommending a professional grooming dryer. I haven't gotten one of those yet. Aren't Labs water dogs? Their coat is far more suited for swimming. These guys have thick undercoats and leaving them wet, I am told, tleads to awful skin fungus.

·
Registered
369 Posts
Cute puppy!

Zoey loves to swim and I never blow dry her. Just use a towel and she loves it.

Have you guys been to the beach yet with your GSD's here in FL?

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
People here are actually recommending a professional grooming dryer. I haven't gotten one of those yet. Aren't Labs water dogs? Their coat is far more suited for swimming. These guys have thick undercoats and leaving them wet, I am told, tleads to awful skin fungus.
Yeah they are water dogs, I was just refering to the difference in the length of hair. The short hair of labs is a lot easier to dry.

I will keep that in mind about the fungus. Thanks

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Cute puppy!

Zoey loves to swim and I never blow dry her. Just use a towel and she loves it.

I havent yet, I just picked her up on thurs so we wont get to drive back home till mid to late june. I will def be on the beach with her then.

·
Registered
9,724 Posts
Yeah they are water dogs, I was just refering to the difference in the length of hair. The short hair of labs is a lot easier to dry.

I will keep that in mind about the fungus. Thanks
That's what I meant, Labs have coats suitable for the water.
These guys have German weather coats.:D

Not yet. We should do a meet up and go. Neko wants to go, too.

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
That's what I meant, Labs have coats suitable for the water.
These guys have German weather coats.:D

She better stay hydrated when she gets to FL then haha

Not yet. We should do a meet up and go. Neko wants to go, too.
jealous...I miss home

·
Registered
2,892 Posts
Hannah is a doll.

What a cute puppy. I never heard of not letting them air dry. That is what I do with Fiona. I towel dry her and then she runs around rubbing herself on the couch, her beds, my bed, my legs, etc.

I do think Florida is humid. Been there 2x and thought I would die. Southern California is just as nice and not humid all the time.

·
Registered
9,724 Posts
What a cute puppy. I never heard of not letting them air dry. That is what I do with Fiona. I towel dry her and then she runs around rubbing herself on the couch, her beds, my bed, my legs, etc.

I do think Florida is humid. Been there 2x and thought I would die. Southern California is just as nice and not humid all the time.
In the afternoons, it's not really that humid here.

Not that much different from where you are. Unless you are in Bakersfield.
You need to come down here more than two times.:wild: But not in June, July and August.

Average Humidity Levels for Florida - Current Results
Average Humidity Levels for California - Current Results

·
Registered
2,892 Posts
I guess it just feels less humid here. I went to Disney world in May 3 years ago. Then Miami when I was a youngin' back when there was baniff Airlines

Sent from Petguide.com Free App

1 - 19 of 19 Posts