German Shepherds Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hello all! We will be picking up our puppy on the 9th and we are worried about parvo in the house. We are worried that we brought home parvo from visiting pet stores to buy toys and possibly shelters we visited in June.

Should we buy Trifectant or do a bleach solution and clean our carpets/her toys/bedding/etc?

We called two local Vets and one of the shelters we visited to ask if they had any recent parvo cases and all of them said no except 1 Vet had one about a month ago.

Thanks for your input! Not sure if this helps but we live in Dayton, OH

·
Registered
1,735 Posts
We had a huge outbreak in our community, I went to vets and petstores and got toys and food. Nothing was dragged home and puppy did not go to stores until after 20 weeks.

I personally would not be that worried. It's good to be careful, but not obsessively. just keep the house clean as normal and wash the toys you bring home. =)

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks! We will be careful where we bring her for sure just so paranoid about getting it from a pet store :/

·
Registered
229 Posts
I, too, was very worried about Parvo, so I bought Parvaid and Vibactra Plus by Amber Technology to have in the house, just in case. Amazon has both, and lots of reviews about them. I think it was about $65 for them.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts