German Shepherds Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,

I am picking up my boy next week. He'll be 9 weeks old and I'll be crate training him.

I wanted to ask if anyone has any experience of their puppy sleeping in more than one house? Basically, I spend half my time at home, and half my time at my partners. I have a crate for each place.

Will sleeping in two places be too much of an issue when he is younger? Should I maybe stick to the one place until he is fully toilet trained and sleeping through the night, or will he just take it in his stride?

Any and all advice greatly appreciated :)

·
Registered
4,636 Posts
Congratulations on the new puppy! IMHO whether your puppy is "bothered" at all by spending time in both places will depend on the puppy and his personality, and also how you handle the introduction to the routine. If it's no big deal (which, of course, it isn't), I think the puppy will take it in stride. I would suggest using the same crate in both locations though, at least initially, because the smell won't be the same and that might make the situation more comfortable for your pup initially.

·
Registered
10,467 Posts
I would only take the blankets with me, not bothered by moving crates. I assume you are with him at both places? This is a great way to make your pup flexible in adapting to new situations.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts