German Shepherds Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all. I am new to the forum and was not sure where to post this- I have a German Shepherd puppy that is 4 months old and she is a great puppy. She lets me know when she needs to use the bathroom - she doesnt chew up things - she sleeps all night without using the bathroom in her sleep spot - now the problem - when i leave for work during the day and put her in her crate she will poop in it and I think she is eating it - and she smears it all over - she didnt do this until about a month ago - i come home on lunch to let her out - so she is in the crate max 3 hrs at one time - i know her bladder and stomach is small - but i can leave her out with me all day - she will poop and pee outside when she needs to- but then i can crate her for 1 hour to go to the store and she will poop in her crate - every time- i can leave her for 20 minutes and she will do it - got any ideas?:confused: im lost and i know she will probably outgrow it but i am bathing her daily and sometimes 2 times per day. Per my vet we have even reduced her feeding to 1 cup in the morning and then she pees and poops before we leave for work and then we feed her the rest around 5pm that evening and if we stay home she will go outside. I'm lost

Thank you for any advice!!

Shawn

·
Super Moderator
21,368 Posts
she also might be a little stressed out that your leaving her, and ya know what happens when one gets stressed:)

I'd try leaving a radio on, and leaving some good things to chew on in her crate (something she isn't going to choke/swallow)

It may just be a stressy thing..

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
its regular poop - her crate is pretty small - i do think its a stress issue - the sound of her bark when we put her in there is very high pitched and she gets mad - i am going to move her crate to the kitchen where there is alot more daylight and a radio and see if that helps - i have a chew toy that i put peanut butter in - ill cross my fingers and thank you for the suggestions:)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts