German Shepherds Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Picking up my little German Shepherd puppy tomorrow....yeah!

Naming him Karma.....Like or dislike the name? Is this an ok name for a male dog?

·
Registered
27,239 Posts
Not for a male, I would not go with that name. Is a K name the theme or is this the name you have chosen?

·
Registered
5,305 Posts
You can name him whatever you like. My male dog we lost had a neutral name and my female has a male name. We made it into a girl's name. If you are giving him a name based on the litter letter, you can register that name but call him anything you like.

·
Registered
5,320 Posts
Pretty common over used name. Why would you want to name something that signifies negativity. Bad Karma or Karma will come back to get you.
There is no good Karma. Just like there is no such word as irregardless. Its just "regardless"
Karma... unless short for Karman, which is not really short.
JMO

·
Premium Member
2,377 Posts
If I was choosing an L name I would choose Leonidas . L names Don't get much more masculine than that.

·
Registered
1,345 Posts
Lucky, Liam, Lincoln, Loki (overused but a great dog name), Laser, Cool Man Luke, Larry,
Just playing...irregardless, enjoy him. hahahah.

·
Premium Member
11,210 Posts
Common - but I always liked Lobo

Other L's - Lasso, Lariat, Lando, Luka/Lucca (gender neutral), Lynx

Lee

·
Registered
6,015 Posts
It's your pup, so go with your heart.

That said, if he needs an L name, it's beed forever since I've heard of a "Ladd."

·
Registered
2,184 Posts
Guess I need to name him something more masculine.....hmmmm Now I have to think again...lol
There is a police k9 in my area named Karma. If it's good enough for him, I think it's fine for your dog. (Pretty sure all the k9's are male)

eta - oh here's his pic

·
Registered
14,344 Posts
Name him whatever you want, he is your puppy and you will be the one calling him that.

People don't like the names that I choose for my animals and I could care less. :cool:

·
Registered
300 Posts
If you like Karma, choose Karma!

People look at me like I'm some sort of weirdo when I tell them my dog's name - which happens to be after an 1800's Russian late-romantic period classical composer :p

Seriously, the only one who should have an opinion on it is you!

1 - 19 of 19 Posts