German Shepherds Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know there’s so many threads with this, but it never gets old! Not to mention I swear my husband and I are going NUTS analyzing the puppy photos trying to figure out which one he is-sometimes he’s black like we love so much sometimes he’s lighter showing more stripe. Mom is a sable, but a bit of a wolfish grey undertone to her coat. Sire is the same as Huck’s- a son of Rookie from Vom Kistha Haus who looks exactly like Rookie. Gorgeous black pigment with just hints of rich red/brown and perfect goggles.
Pups were all super dark-looked black right after birth. I’ve posted two week, 5 week, and 6 week photos (photos by the breeder not me!). So-guesses on how this little one will turn out?

If you had a pup start out similar I’d love to see how they progress. Oh heck just share them anyways!

(And yes, we had hoped to wait until Huck was 2 before adding a new addition but momma decided to come into heat 6 months earlier than we thought she would-surprise!)

·
Registered
7,248 Posts
The game is light and fun so in my opinion a good game. My guess is he will look like he does now but a little bit darker. If he keeps the Tar Heels, stripe down the front legs and pencil toes are signs be will be a dark sable.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts