German Shepherds Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Rage is a 5month old intact (for now), male.
Alright, I've had Rage for roughly a week now and he shows no aggression except when it comes to food or chews. If my other male (neutered) dog goes near any chews, toys, or food Rage will immediately grab them and run or snap if the other dog stays to near to the items. Rage has also snapped at me once when i went to take a chew away. Since this has started Rage has to earn any food or chews he gets by sitting and waiting, and he is starting obiedience classes soon as well. He hasnt shown aggression since having to earn everything, but does more need to be done to completely resolve the problem?

·
Registered
120 Posts
Its good that you addressed the problem right away. I'd also teach the leave it command. And then use that to take his toys away in the middle of play time, and then give them back. He will learn that, one, you control the items in the house, and two, he will get his toys back and he doesnt need to be aggressive. Between that and making him work for food and toys, I'm sure he'll grow out of it.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts