German Shepherds Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just got her last week from our local animal shelter! She's about 5 months old now, is still teething and likes to mouth/bite just about anything she can. We think she's part showdog because of her build but seems to have a LOT of prey and toy drive, so who knows. We're wokring on putting some weight on her since she was mistreated and poorly-fed by her previous owner. Mentally she seems pretty good though and never gets mean or skittish. This should be fun!

Attachments

·
Premium Member
1,165 Posts
Sweet! Love her dark face. Welcome to the forum. :)

·
Registered
778 Posts
Thank you for saving her. She's a very pretty girl. I like her dark face. Have fun with her. This age requires a lot of patience. Ask me how I know... :D

·
Registered
9,861 Posts
Congrats! And from a shelter! We only have Chis and Pits.
I am not sure if it is the picture or the way she happens to sit but it looks like her pasterns cold be weak. I would have these checked out by a vet and see what you can do about them to make them stronger. Again, it is just from a picture but I wanted to tell you, just in case they were.
Good luck with her. Why would anyone not claim that pup?

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks guys! Are weak pasterns a genetic thing? She was malnourished when I got her and the vet didn't say anything about it when I had her in last Friday. If it is a genetic thing then I'm kinda out of luck since I know almost nothing about her history. :p That being said it's definitly worth mentioning next time I have her in. I can take a different picture if you think that would help!

Mister C I definitly hear you there, my fiance and I walk her for 2-3 hours a day, play with her and she STILL has energy...when does the biting stop!!!? lol

1 - 8 of 8 Posts