German Shepherds Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
1,644 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Our club held its annual obedience trials this past weekend. We had a record number of German Shepherds entered in everything from utility to rally. One of the GSDs was the sire of our K litter, T-Rex v Kriegerhaus. He is owned and bred by Phyllis Dobbs from California.

On Saturday, T-Rex and Phyllis earned their Obedience Trial Championship. Only a handful of German Shepherds have earned the OTCH. T-Rex adds this achievement to an impressive list of titles in agility, obedience, herding, and tracking.

I would like to share my sincere congratulations with Phyllis Dobbs and T-Rex! What an awesome team! :)

·
"I like Daffy" Moderator
3,276 Posts
Way to go T-Rex! An OTCH is quite an achievement.

·
Registered
8,690 Posts
:congratulations: What a cool name :D

·
Registered
260 Posts
I had the privilege of seeing them earn their OTCH! Huge congratulaions to a wonderful team!

In the past 5 years of competing, I have never seen so many German Shepherds! So, it was great to see so many!

·
Registered
1,644 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Wasn't it awesome?! Just love to see sheps competing!

Been waiting for you to share your special brag all day Karla . . :)

·
Registered
1,644 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Nothing as special as a utility leg or an OTCH. I'm so happy for you guys! :)

·
Registered
712 Posts
Congratulations to T-Rex and his owner.

Did you know there were only two OTCH GSDs last year?

·
Registered
1,644 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Did you know there were only two OTCH GSDs last year?
That's part of the reason it was so cool to see. Our club only has three OB trials a year, so the odds that a GSD would earn an OTCH at our trial are pretty slim. (I've only seen two OTCHs in 10+ years of attending that trial.) To have a GSD that is the sire of one of our litters earn an OTCH at our trial was pure serendipity.

T-Rex & Kam were right next to each other on OOS stays. We came back from the down and Kam and Rex were curled in the exact same position. A 'like father, like son' moment. :wub:

·
Registered
18,371 Posts
Isure have not been down in this forum for awile! I see Kam has his CDX. Congrats!

I got to see Phyllis and T-Rex at GSDCA Nationals. Great team.

·
Registered
1,644 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Thanks Kathy! :)

1 - 14 of 14 Posts