German Shepherds Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
just wondering if anybody has started feeding the new orijen formula?? i noticed it has more meat content yet the protien level is a little lower, and the kibble is different odd shapes i guess?? i havent opened my new bag as im still finishing my old bag, but does anyone know why the formula change?? im looking forward to feeding it as im sure its another great product from orijen. thanks!!

·
Banned
5,219 Posts
just wondering if anybody has started feeding the new orijen formula?? i noticed it has more meat content yet the protien level is a little lower, and the kibble is different odd shapes i guess?? i havent opened my new bag as im still finishing my old bag, but does anyone know why the formula change?? im looking forward to feeding it as im sure its another great product from orijen. thanks!!
The OP was in Sept, wonder what the results are.:confused:

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
actually cracked open the new bag last week, kibble is shaped differently and there is more fresh meat compared to meal for lower ash content. put the old formula and new formula in bowl split down the middle and otto went for the new stuff right away, so i guess its goood!

·
Registered
17,397 Posts
"fresh meat"....how do you know it's "fresh"? Just curious?

I'm guessing it has more "whole meat", which does lower the protein content since whole meat has more moisture? Just guessing at that without looking at the labels.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts