German Shepherds Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

His mother was a GSD. Anybody have any guesses what else he could be? Im awaiting dna results

·
Registered
173 Posts
Cute pup! :) At his age it's so hard to tell, he looks a lot like a purebred GSD in a lot of ways, but maybe his ears are a little big. I would say maybe a labrador, his face has a little bit of that to me!

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #4

He also has big paws haha. Ill post results when I get them. Im hoping they’re going to be large breeds. I want him to be big! He’s 3 months btw.

·
Registered
706 Posts
I would also say lab. I have a Doberman GSD mix and he looks noticeably different to your pup, though I do realize mixes can and do vary. But I also work at a dog daycare where I see many different breeds and mixed breeds, namely those with lab, and something about him says that to me. But I could definitely be wrong!! Please don’t forget to post the results when you get them :)

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I got out of the shower this morning and here he is laying on the couch with his ears back like this. Is this a sign of them possibly trying to stand up?

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Results came in for anyone who cares.

25% GSD
12.5% husky
12.5% american staffordshire terrier
12.5% lab
12.5% cocker spaniel
25% unknown terrier/herding/hound

·
Registered
327 Posts
What company did you use for the DNA test? I hope it was Embark. Any other company and I'd be suspect it may not be accurate. I'll just wait til you answer before I comment.

·
Registered
279 Posts
Thank you for posting the results. I am a bit shocked by your results. I would have thought for sure there was more GSD but that just goes to show...

·
Registered
327 Posts
Oh I was really hoping you used Embark. On FB lots of people used Wisdom first and didn't believe the results were accurate so they then did an Embark test and according to these folks, they believed Embark was much more accurate.
Just some food for thought.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts