German Shepherds Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hello again My last introduction was a little brief. My name is Dean and I live in Melbourne Australia. I have a 4 year old WL gsd who is a mixture of wgwl/ddr/czech and his name is Jaeger He has been quite challenging at time but I'm getting there.I will try to attach a photo Cheers.

Attachments

·
Registered
4,779 Posts
Welcome to the forum Dean! Jaeger is a very handsome boy! Are you competing with him?

Reactions: tangelo

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks. No I don't compete. I did do a bit of work with him earlier on. I originally got him for a companion/hiking buddy etc. I have been told he would make a good ipo dog but its just the time and cost involved that makes it difficult. But I do try to challenge his drives to keep him happy.

·
Super Moderator
5,136 Posts
IPO does require a great deal of time and often money, that is for sure. I don't regret getting our big boy through the BH portion, though. We learned quite a bit in the process. We still use IPO style games and drills when we out playing in the yard together. My gal-dog only worked with the club a few times when it became obvious it wasn't the sport for her.

So where do you like to go hiking together?

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I live on the fringes of Melbourne and the forests and parks are not to far away. I also have a large wetland area about 10 minutes drive from home which is about a 4 to 5 klm hike which I do most days.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts