German Shepherds Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello All!

I'm PRoberts, new to the forum and happy to have found such an informative site! It's great that you cater to both the novice and the pros!

I've had GSDs all my life, showed a very short time in OB (all that time waiting around ringside wasn't for me) trained detection dogs and did some limited and responsible hobby breeding (who doesn't love puppy breath!?).

I'm dogless having just lost our male, Steve, to old age. Despite my experience with puppies and training I will be looking to adopt an adult female. For anyone concerned about adopting an adult let me assure you they can be the best!

·
Registered
4,451 Posts
Welcome P! I absolutely agree with what you said about adopting an older dog, lots of really good dogs out there looking for new homes for one reason or another. Best of luck with your search!

·
Super Moderator
4,824 Posts
I've adopted adults all my life. My current dogs are the first two that my hubby and I have raised from puppy-hood together.

Just have to be patient in the search for the right dog to bring home. Since you are dogless right now are you considering fostering first? Can help out shelters and see if a dog matches your lifestyle before making it permanent. Or so I've read. I've not done it myself.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts