German Shepherds Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all, my name is Silvia and I have had WGSD for 13 years. I adopted a petite WGS (Aspen, my Avitar) 2 1/2 yrs ago. My Rex just went to Rainbow Bridge 3 weeks ago at 13 years old.Also WGS. I just had a bad experience with an out of state breeder, I am inCalifornia and the breeder in Ohio.

I want to know, how do I check breeder references ? How do I know what their web site says is true? They all read and sound fantastic yet I got burned bad. I have had dogs for 40 years and this is the first time I am so lost an unsure. I want a large male all white German Shep.
I have spoken with several breeders today and I am more confused than ever. Please, any and all advice, breeder info wether good or bad would be ever so appreciated.

Is there a state office you can report a bad breeder to? :help:

·
Registered
5,126 Posts
Welcome and you've come to the right place for answers. I suggest you check out the posts in the breeder forum and also search in the threads. You also may want to post your specific questions in the breeder forum.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Welcome. I understand what you are going through. We got our first GSD a few years back and she came with all sorts of health issues. She passed away at the age if 1 1/2 due to a congenital heart defect. This time around, I was much more picky about the breeders and learned what questions to ask thanks to the information on this forum. I recommend visiting the breeders if you can. It will help you to see more then the pretty websites. We are very happy with our new pup. Good luck on your search.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts