German Shepherds Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Premium Member
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have patiently waited 15 years…waiting….for the right time in my life when I could raise a GSD as a family companion. With a profession that required me to travel almost a 150 days and an ex-wife who surprised me with two puppy toy breeds (Chihuahua and Toy Fox Terrier) the opportunity never presented itself. And just when I thought the time was right I had a roommate move in who was armed enforcement with a Belgian Malinois as his K-9 partner. Now that I re-located back to the DC Metro area and now have the luxury from working from home I finally took the plunge. I am now a proud owner of a German Shepherd working line puppy!

I have been fascinated with this breed from childhood. Since I have been a new parent I have read dozens of books and articles about German Shepherds from raising puppies to training advice. After all that reading I have come realize that everyone has their opinions and approaches. However, when I found this web site a few weeks ago I was happy to find other individuals who share a similar passion for their dogs and the information has been truly insightful. I signed up with a membership hoping to support this site. Although, I am still learning about this breed I am glad there is a site that I can post and ask questions to other users who have the experience with these dogs. Thanks in advance to everyone on this forum.

BTW: Here is a picture of my GSD. He is now a few days over 14 weeks:

·
Registered
1,513 Posts
Awe, he's cute. Congratulations.

·
Registered
831 Posts
He's gorgeous! I love his coloring :)

·
Registered
9,796 Posts
:greet: WELCOME!!! Beautiful puppy ... CONGRATS!!!

I lived most of my life in the MD suburbs of DC!!!

·
Premium Member
7,904 Posts
1 - 11 of 11 Posts