German Shepherds Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all. I have just signed up and new to this forum. My name is Paul and I am from Omaha, Nebraska. German Shepherds are, by far, one of my favorite dogs and animals, in general. The avatar I have is BeeBee. She was our family dog. White German Shepherd and the absolute best pet we've ever had. We got her from the pound when she was 1 and a half to 2ish years old. She is no longer around but she made it to around 14 years old. I have joined because when the time is right, probably not for another year or 2, I will be wanting to get a GSD for myself and I am on here to just converse about them and learn absolutely everything I can about them in order to get the best and raise it the best when the day comes. I'm assuming this is the correct forum to post this in, being General Information.
Looking forward to hearing about and seeing pics of all of your GSD's.

-Paul

·
Premium Member
319 Posts
Paul, I know just how you feel. My wife and I have had seven other German Shepherds over the years. Our last Shepherd was White also, as was the very first shepherd my family had when I was a little boy. I grew up around hunting dog's, mainly bird dog's, but my first love was for German Shepherds.
As I mentioned earlier, my wife and me have raised and trained seven other GSD's and our current young lady, whose name is Maggie has been the easiest to train. She works off hand signals, without voice commands.....for the most part.
There is just something about the noble breed that I in my humble opinion cannot find the proper words to describe how I really feel about German Shepherds as a breed. One thing is for sure......there is not enough money in the world to buy my Maggie.
There are plenty of wonderful German Shepherd loving folks on this forum to help and answer any question(s) you may have.......so jump in and start asking. When the time comes for you to bring home a puppy, just be sure and use a good breeder, so you can be sure you are getting a healthy puppy starting out.
Good luck and welcome...................

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Paul, I know just how you feel. My wife and I have had seven other German Shepherds over the years. Our last Shepherd was White also, as was the very first shepherd my family had when I was a little boy. I grew up around hunting dog's, mainly bird dog's, but my first love was for German Shepherds.
As I mentioned earlier, my wife and me have raised and trained seven other GSD's and our current young lady, whose name is Maggie has been the easiest to train. She works off hand signals, without voice commands.....for the most part.
There is just something about the noble breed that I in my humble opinion cannot find the proper words to describe how I really feel about German Shepherds as a breed. One thing is for sure......there is not enough money in the world to buy my Maggie.
There are plenty of wonderful German Shepherd loving folks on this forum to help and answer any question(s) you may have.......so jump in and start asking. When the time comes for you to bring home a puppy, just be sure and use a good breeder, so you can be sure you are getting a healthy puppy starting out.
Good luck and welcome...................
Thanks a bunch Okie2. Yes, our white one was so great, I hope to get lucky enough to get another as good! And what you say seems to be what others are saying on the other posts ive browsed. I will definitely keep asking questions and research a breeder and the puppy's parents to make sure its the proper demeanor I am looking for. Thanks for the advice!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts