German Shepherds Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, my name is Jimmy..Im from BC, Canada. I am in the process of looking for a GSD puppy and may have found one. In the past I have owned a purebred rottweiler, he was an amazing dog. Unfortunately last feb I lost him to HD. So now that I am ready to get another pup ive done some research and have spoken to a few breeders and found one that I think are the right people. I will post a pic of the pup that they may have available for me to bring home in 2 weeks. Let me know what you guys think. Thanks

·
Registered
2,260 Posts
Very Cute! I love the eybrows. Sorry to hear about your rottweiler, I have a friend that has one, he is a huge loveable guy, they are great dogs. I think you'll find the same kind of great characteristics within the Sherpherd your going to get.

·
Registered
277 Posts
This new little pup looke beautiful....
While he/she will fill you with joy and love, that will never replace your rottie.
I recently got a new baby (Angel) and While I waited 7 years for her, she will never "replace" my little Queenie....
I know what you are going through, and I wish you the best with your new baby.... It'samazing how many times he/she will remind you of what is gone.....
Dont cry because its over, smile because it happened!
Enjoy!

·
Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
thanks for the replies!! and i agrree no pup will replace my rotti thats why i didnt get another pup right away, id expect too many of the same characteristics but I am ready to move on now. Just one question I have is, do the colours on GSD's change as they grow? Ive seen pups like the one I may get but when you see pics of them when they're older they have quite a bit more tan on their head. So Im wondering is it possible to know what each pup will look like?

·
Registered
6,015 Posts
Can you access photos of dam and sire? might get a better idea that way.
Jack as puppy
Jack at 6 months

Sofie as pup

Sofie older

·
Registered
6,015 Posts
mmmm, either way, you'll have a pretty puppy if American Lines are your favorite.

I've had and loved several though current pups are German Show lines.

Good luck and enjoy!

·
Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
hmm american and german lines? can i get a link to this with more info tried findin it couldnt come up with anything. People talk about german and american lines with rottweilers and there is no such thing from what i learned. But could be completely different for GSD's.

·
Registered
1,250 Posts
Originally Posted By: JimD Let me know what you guys think.
I think I'm in love! What a cutie! And the sire and dam are both good-looking dogs.
I'm sorry to hear about the loss of your Rotti. It must be very difficult. They're incredible dogs.

As for the coloring, the only GSD I've had that didn't lighten a bit as they matured was a long-hair we had when I was a little kid. He stayed quite dark, but all the others lightened up.
This is my Gunner when he was a pup. (The picture quality is bad, but you can see how dark he was. He looked like a little bat. lol)

This is Gunner now, at almost 6 years.

·
Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
thanks for condolences, and the help. Was a great link GSD10, and ur a fellow BC'er thats awesome. I didnt know there was so many lines in this breed. Gunner is an amazing lookin dog, and thanks for the comparison..amazing how they change. The little buggers not mine yet, so keep your fingers crossed for me. Im planning on calling the breeder tomorrow just havent had time last couple days, hopefully things work out!!!

·
Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Yup I called her today and had a nice chat. Gotta get them my deposit, and everything is a go!! Will hopefully be going to pick him up in a week and a half. Are we allowed to mention breeders on here? havent read the rules yet?

·
Registered
1,255 Posts
Oh wow how exciting

Yes we can mention breeders, can't make negative comments about them though. You don't have to name the breeder if you don't want to. You may get feedback about a specific breeder if others are familiar with them.

Regardless, looking forward to hearing about your pup and seeing pictures.

·
Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Oh ok, well they're from Victoria. Kohlein German Shepherds, Maria and Michael Mcdonald. They only produce 1 litter a year, the stud for this litter is from Woodside.

·
Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Well I mailed the deposit today, now just got to wait for the pups to turn 8 weeks and get their shots!!! next 10 days are going to go super slow lol

1 - 20 of 22 Posts