German Shepherds Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi there I am new here. We just started our 9 month old Bella on a pre-mixed raw diet. We are trying out the Nature’s Variety Instinct Raw. I’ve bought the 5 pound chubs and we are doing partial raw now with still giving her the grain free kibble . She is highly sensitive to all grain and we went through 4 months of loose stools and Diarrhea before we realized it was the rice that was making things so bad. Our vet thinks a raw diet might be helpful to her and so far she has been having raw at breakfast and dinner feeding and she still gets some kibble at lunch.
I would like to keep the balance of both raw and kibble for ease of traveling with her so when we go places we know that she can still eat kibble if taking frozen raw becomes too difficult.

·
Registered
6,073 Posts
Hello - I feed raw as well (no kibble). When we travel I give Primal freeze dried, you just add water. I especially like it when we backpack, it packs down light. It's an option if you wanted to continue to feed raw on the road. There are many owners who rotate raw and kibble meals as well.

·
Registered
139 Posts
From what I have read, you really don't want to mix raw and kibble. It passes through them at different speeds, so it can cause problems.

I use NW Naturals raw for my pup. I buy it by the 25# case.

They also have dehydrated raw. Same formula with all the good stuff, with no water so you don't have to keep it frozen. This works awesome for traveling. You don't have to change their diet, and you don't have to keep it frozen.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts