German Shepherds Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all!

I am not new to reading the GermanShepherds.com website/forum, but I finally registered and joined! I have 1 spayed female sable GSD who just turned 2 years old this past weekend. Have had her since she was 8 weeks old.

I am a first time owner of a GSD (or rather, my first "my" dog!). My mother had a Golden Retriever who I've helped raised, but she wasn't MY dog.

Hoping to learn from the experience GSD owners/handlers and contribute where I can!:)

·
Registered
7,289 Posts
Welcome! :greet:

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
My username is just my first initial and last name - would be tough to try to pronounce 'tchau'. Actually I wouldn't even know how to pronounce that!!

My pup's name is Rhea, named after the Queen of the Titans/mother of Zeus in Greek mythology.

She's in her terrible two's phase - so she's quite a handful, although ever so sweet with me and my fiance. Just kind of a jerk to other dogs...it was almost like a switch went off about a week and a half ago. Here's to hoping continued agility and obedience training will help!!

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Attached a bigger pic of Rhea here.

I'm a crazy dog lady and even have a fan page full of pictures of her! :D

She is in her terrible two's and has recently been exhibiting some dominance/territorial behavior with other dogs at daycare and even on the street when we go for walks. It's like she has an invisible bubble, and if you(meaning another dog) accidentally crosses into that bubble of personal space, she whips around and bares her teeth. No bite or anything, but is on edge.

Here's to hoping that continued agility and obedience training will help resolve these issues...or that it's just a phase..

Any tips, if you have any?

Attachments

·
Registered
7,289 Posts
She is a very pretty girl.

·
Registered
1,895 Posts
Welcome! Rhea has some seriously pretty eyes :)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts