German Shepherds Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello! I am new to this forum and have just signed up today. I have 3 shepherds (1 white GSD-10 years old, 1 long coated GSD-1 year old, 1 Belgian Malinois-7 years old, and 1 Boxer-2.5 years old). All were rescues and foster failures. :) I found your forum while searching for info on peri-anal fistulas. My senior white GSD was just diagnosed today and is starting on meds and I want to research as much as I can to keep her comfortable and safe. Thank you.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thank you so much everyone. We (the dogs too who will benefit) are excited to be here. Yes, we do have a house full and are maxed out in terms of care and expenses, but we so love them! I am constantly cleaning and even after vacuuming, I find white tumbleweeds from our senior girl :) I am looking forward to learning all I can while on this site. Two of our dogs suffer from PTSD because they were cruelty cases. Our senior girl and our Boxer... I'm afraid they had very cruel beginnings both abused and starved. We installed a dog door because they can not be left out alone due to anxiety and, voila, no more problems. As long as they know they have access to the family, they are fine and will go out and stay out as long as they like. But with no dog door, OMD! The Mal and our long coated GSD are the most confident and amazingly stable dogs, also noted by our trainer. But they both came from (separate) situations where they were dumped because they were too much work. That was confirmed when I was given the prior 'owner' info (chipped pup-the Mal) from the shelter and I contacted the previous 'owner'. He stated that he and his kids were praying someone would come in and adopt the pup because they could not keep up with his drive and activity level... Their loss. I'm looking forward to learning and contributing. Thanks again!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts