German Shepherds Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
482 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've been lurking this forum since I adopted my pup at 2 months old, just finally got around to actually joining!

I adopted my puppy from an animal shelter so I'm not at all sure what other than German shepherd she is, but she is too perfect to me.
Her name is Mia and she is about to turn 7 months old. Currently 45lbs.

·
Registered
482 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Oh how cute! I love the one ear up one ear down. That is adorable.
When I first got her I was SO worried about the ears, I wanted them up so bad. They both went up and down several times, but that one just doesn't want to go back up. I thought I'd be disappointed if her ears weren't perfectly up, but I absolutely love her half-wonky ear!
She's my perfect pup. :wub:

·
Registered
745 Posts
She is super cute. And although she is perfect just the way she is, that ear may come up yet.

·
Premium Member
16,483 Posts
Aw she is a cutie and she looks all GSD to me.

·
Registered
14 Posts
I love the ear thing! Do bear in mind, it may still come up, Alex's did not come up until he was a year old. Funny story, I had to go out of town for the weekend and left my 16 year old in charge of the house. When I got back I noticed Alex's ears where upright and have never gone back down. I tease my son, that thanks to my alex's lack of confidence in his ability to keep the homefront safe, Alex felt the need to be extra aware of everything and was super diligent while I was away. He did seem extra happy to see me when I got back, he slept for hours, as if his shift were over. it's as if he was saying "Thank goodness you're back, I can relax abit now". It was so hilarious! Anyway, whatever happens, she fabulous! Welcome to the pack :)

·
Registered
339 Posts
She's a pretty girl and looks so sweet.

·
Registered
766 Posts
She is a cutie. My last shepherd had floppy ears, adds personality :)

·
Registered
482 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
She is very pretty! She looks all shepherd to me too! Was she born at the shelter?
No, she was surrendered to the shelter with her family only 12 or so hours before I adopted her. The owner wanted to reclaim them (the mother and 5 other puppies), so the shelter had to contact him to make sure it was okay for me to take her.

The story I made up in my mind was that he surrendered his unwanted pups until he realized he could actually sell them for a decent amount.

·
Registered
1,366 Posts
Wow, I hope that the other pups and the poor mama will be ok. I read your other tread also, I'm glad you got her! She looks well loved! Best wishes to you both! Life is good!

1 - 17 of 17 Posts