German Shepherds Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
1,344 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Some might call this mask cheesy but I work in a hospital and this sure does make people smile which we need these days. It’s a high quality filtered mask plus I wear a shield.
A different pic same mask soon to come.

·
Super Moderator
6,818 Posts
I like it! If I was still in the work force I would definitely have some custom masks.

Reactions: BigOzzy2018

·
Registered
2,027 Posts
You stole his smile. Lol.

Edit to add: thanks for the good morning sat beginning.

·
Registered
31,968 Posts
For someone with the white-coat syndrome, I don't know if that photo would be as helpful as a litter of baby-puppies -- that might work for me. Never thought of it before, but if ER people wore vet scrubs... No, wait, no, that probably wouldn't make me any more comfortable.

·
Registered
1,344 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
For someone with the white-coat syndrome, I don't know if that photo would be as helpful as a litter of baby-puppies -- that might work for me. Never thought of it before, but if ER people wore vet scrubs... No, wait, no, that probably wouldn't make me any more comfortable.
I work in surgery so this mask would not be allowed. Being on light duty I’m all over the hospital so the mask helps start a fun conversations and helps takes the stress off of people in the environment.

·
Registered
31,968 Posts
I work in surgery so this mask would not be allowed. Being on light duty I’m all over the hospital so the mask helps start a fun conversations and helps takes the stress off of people in the environment.
Hopefully by the time they wheel me into surgery, they have given me enough valium to not need the German Shepherd mask. OMG, when they did the wrist surgery they had me strung up by 7am and the surgeon had an emergency to do, and couldn't get me into the OR until 11, by then their little mixture of anti-anxiety-valium-whatever had completely worn off. Of course, the stuff that was supposed to keep me "more asleep" didn't work and I surprised them all by replying to the surgeon's banter while he was cutting on me. At least the stuff took the edge off. Anything is better than the plain white, hospital scrub blue, or God forbid, mauve masks. As the county I work in went red bordering on purple, I am seeing way too many of these hospital masks everywhere, and it's totally freaking me out.

·
Registered
1,344 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Hopefully by the time they wheel me into surgery, they have given me enough valium to not need the German Shepherd mask. OMG, when they did the wrist surgery they had me strung up by 7am and the surgeon had an emergency to do, and couldn't get me into the OR until 11, by then their little mixture of anti-anxiety-valium-whatever had completely worn off. Of course, the stuff that was supposed to keep me "more asleep" didn't work and I surprised them all by replying to the surgeon's banter while he was cutting on me. At least the stuff took the edge off. Anything is better than the plain white, hospital scrub blue, or God forbid, mauve masks. As the county I work in went red bordering on purple, I am seeing way too many of these hospital masks everywhere, and it's totally freaking me out.
To be clear these masks are not allowed in the OR. I wear this one in other places in the hospital not the Operating Room.

·
Registered
31,968 Posts
To be clear these masks are not allowed in the OR. I wear this one in other places in the hospital not the Operating Room.
Yeah, I got that, you said that in your prior post. In the OR, they shouldn't be necessary, but, for people like me that are really hard to put under, or stay under....

You think they would let my little buddy in that previous post into the OR to calm my nerves if he wears his mask properly???

·
Registered
1,344 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Yeah, I got that, you said that in your prior post. In the OR, they shouldn't be necessary, but, for people like me that are really hard to put under, or stay under....

You think they would let my little buddy in that previous post into the OR to calm my nerves if he wears his mask properly???
Your not making sense at all,

·
Registered
31,968 Posts
Your not making sense at all,
Ok. I was making a joke about letting the dog into the operating room. I am not really asking any question. I get that your mask can't be in the operating room (OR) but that you feel that it makes people feel less threatened or more comfortable -- same thing (outside of the OR). I like it.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts